Kodak Retina Ib 1957 German Edition

Started by RAM, April 13, 2015, 10:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAM

Hi everyone, here my last project, a 3d model of a "vintage" camera.

C&C are welcome, hope you like it guys :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Oh yes, I really like these. I particularly like the mood in the second image. Only miiiinor thing I'm kinda feel that's missing on that second image is the nice leather texture. Maybe just some minor hdri-tweaking  (or a physical light) to pull out the texture a little bit? That being said, the leather part looks really great in the first image.

Also: Love the depth feeling of the lens, and of course the overall details you put into it.

RAM

Thanks Magnus Skogsfjord.

The original camera had a plastic and metal cover with leather texture :)

Can you see here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/28/Kodak_Retina_1b.jpg

Ed

Hi RAM -

That's a nicely detailed model.

As Magnus noted, leather and similar textures can look a little flat depending on the lighting.  Sometimes the best overall lighting for the scene is not optimal for the texture.

I like to use the Topaz Clarity plug-in for Photoshop.  You can pull out hidden detail without creating harsh edges and creating halos like the PS Unsharp Mask tool.

Your original is on the left, and the results of Topaz Clarity on the right.

Ed Ferguson

Esben Oxholm

Looks really great.
Love the out of focus dust particles. They give the renders a nice look.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Ed on April 13, 2015, 01:48:35 PM
Hi RAM -

That's a nicely detailed model.

As Magnus noted, leather and similar textures can look a little flat depending on the lighting.  Sometimes the best overall lighting for the scene is not optimal for the texture.

I like to use the Topaz Clarity plug-in for Photoshop.  You can pull out hidden detail without creating harsh edges and creating halos like the PS Unsharp Mask tool.

Your original is on the left, and the results of Topaz Clarity on the right.

That seems really nice, Ed. Is this similar to the Photoshop RAW clarity function? If you have tried it, that is.

RAM

Thanks for the C&C...

I trying fix the cover of camera by hand in photoshop without plugins with adjust layers and clown pass, and this is the result:

Now has more highlights and contrast improving the final result

Magnus Skogsfjord

That looks much better already! Love it. Nice job : )

RAM

Thanks everyone for your feedback, here I leave a link with my artstation profile with this updated camera and more personal works. :)

https://www.artstation.com/artist/robdark

Esben Oxholm

edwardo

Really nice work.... modelling, composition and rendering all look spot on.

Thanks for sharing,
edwardo

Ed

PhilippeV8