Show actual readout numbers and other stuff

Started by Speedster, April 13, 2015, 11:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

I've been using a lot of IES and Emissive lights lately, and as we know, they are very sensitive to minor power tweaks.  For example, I've been using 0.00002 and the like.  But when I go back to edit, the readout shows only a "0".  So I resort to the "old yellow pad" technique.

This applies also to many other material and positional tweaks.

So I'd like to suggest that the readout retain and show the actual number you have entered. This could apply globally as a "User Preference" setting.  In SolidWorks, I usually work in four decimal places, which is how the numbers show up.  But it retains (and uses) the actual entry, like 7.66895, as the working dimension.  If I need this while I'm working, I set units to suit.

Also- PLEASE keep the move widget on the screen (or dockable), not at some spot that's usually off screen.  When you dolly out to see it, you often can't see the part you are trying to move.

Allow Rotation about a natural axis, like a cylinder or edge.

And my last (and often) request:  A "reset" (for want of a better word) for all materials, that take it back to where it was before you tweaked it.  CTRL+Z does not do that except on basic material changes (i.e.: steel > paint).  I talking about a material that has already been tweaked with a bump or something, and you change your mind.

Just some thoughts...
Bill G