Keyshot Network rendering test on 62 CORES, BETA testing

Started by Nils Piirma, April 23, 2015, 12:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nils Piirma

https://youtu.be/PmOYsQpQD-A

check this video out and if you have further questions, contact me on skype or email:

email: nils@tomorrow.ee

PhilippeV8

Nils,

Have you seen http://www.3dotp.com ?  Not exactly in Europe, but still .. it worked for me.

Nils Piirma

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on April 23, 2015, 09:20:00 PM
Nils,

Have you seen http://www.3dotp.com ?  Not exactly in Europe, but still .. it worked for me.

Hey, Yeah I know this, but apparently their site is always down for me and for people who have tried to acess it from europe.

And also due to the latency and file size's it quite difficult to send 2-4 gigs of models with KSP's and everything through overseas especially when your network connection is a bottleneck in the first place due to location and urgency.

As a server hardware engineer I'm familiar with these kind of problems and I also have a solution for this which I'm currently developing.

Europe lacks a cluster like this for rendering, If a person who's willing to make a change in that towards making a datacenter or even a small compute farm, then this is a huge sales opportunity here.

I started out also with buying my 1st server for webhosting, Now I have 20 servers in one rack doing emails, virtulization, firewalls and e-commerce. 20 000 was the investor's money that went in to the servers, now I have earned back around 3x as much in the course of 2 years.

3D Off the Page

Thank you PhilippeV8 for mentioning us in the post!!

Nils,

Sorry to hear that you have difficulty reaching our website.  However it is inaccurate to say that our website has been down.  We have had 100% up-time since going live with our new site last August.  And a majority of our clients are from Europe and Asia all of whom have reached us through our contact page on the website.  We have also had many clients send us very large (multiple gb's) .ksp files from all areas of the world.  Yes, it is correct to say that internet speeds will cause uploads to take some time but we have never had a single instance where we couldn't either get a .ksp from a client or send a finished animation or frame to a client.

If you have a need to contact us feel free to use the email info@3dotp.com and we will be happy to assist you with any renderings you may need.

Nils Piirma

Quote from: 3D Off the Page on April 29, 2015, 10:41:51 AM
Thank you PhilippeV8 for mentioning us in the post!!

Nils,

Sorry to hear that you have difficulty reaching our website.  However it is inaccurate to say that our website has been down.  We have had 100% up-time since going live with our new site last August.  And a majority of our clients are from Europe and Asia all of whom have reached us through our contact page on the website.  We have also had many clients send us very large (multiple gb's) .ksp files from all areas of the world.  Yes, it is correct to say that internet speeds will cause uploads to take some time but we have never had a single instance where we couldn't either get a .ksp from a client or send a finished animation or frame to a client.

If you have a need to contact us feel free to use the email info@3dotp.com and we will be happy to assist you with any renderings you may need.

hello. My fault entierly, our ISP's to that page in certain ISP's has been blacklisted, i told them to whitelist it.
In regards of location It seems thta we're gonna have some competition in the near future :D But yeah, in regards of bandwith it's all based on location aswell.

PhilippeV8

The only thing I see is time difference.

If I send out e-mails or forum posts, I have to wait till afternoon/evening to get reply from US based folks.  It's the way it works and it's normal .. can't want the entire world to be in sinc .. unless you put in a second sun and manage to turn both on/off at the same time haha :)  Figure out what that would do for climate change haha.

Nils Piirma

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on April 29, 2015, 10:52:18 PM

If I send out e-mails or forum posts, I have to wait till afternoon/evening to get reply from US based folks.  It's the way it works and it's normal .. can't want the entire world to be in sinc .. unless you put in a second sun and manage to turn both on/off at the same time haha :)  Figure out what that would do for climate change haha.

So what you're trying to do is configure people to now become nocturnal :D haha

Robb63

Quote from: nilspiirma3d on April 30, 2015, 12:17:19 AM
Quote from: PhilippeV8 on April 29, 2015, 10:52:18 PM

So what you're trying to do is configure people to now become nocturnal :D haha

That's coming in Keyshot 6   ;)

PhilippeV8

No, I'm not ;)

I said .. it is the way it is .. but it does happen half of the time that one needs to wait untill the time you are both up and working.

Nils Piirma

Here's my current status with my own render farm doing a render for AUDI UK :)

stu

I've used 3DOTP.com and they've been great. I live in London and found the fact they are not in Europe not a problem to deal with at all - I know when times overlap and so just work around them. Also in some instances the time difference can actually useful.

Stu

Nils Piirma

Quote from: stu on April 30, 2015, 11:52:53 AM
I've used 3DOTP.com and they've been great. I live in London and found the fact they are not in Europe not a problem to deal with at all - I know when times overlap and so just work around them. Also in some instances the time difference can actually useful.

Stu

That's great to hear, Also for people over here that may think that i'm maybe trying to take over 3D offthepage quite literally and become someone that's offering the same solution as they do, then please note that right now this is for my own purposes and for my own testing, not for live usage, what my company is offering is an upgrade or a fully featured server farm ordered by the client themselves as a production addon for a company, not as like a render farm service that 3DOTP is offering. So I hope that people don't get me wrong here and understand me on the same level as I'm describing. :) We're just building servers and render farms, what and how you plan to use it further is non of our business. :)

Merijn

We've used 3DOTP.com for our latest animation. Great, great service, I would advice 3DOTP to anyone.

Cheers!