remember visibility for subobjects

Started by andy.engelkemier, April 24, 2015, 03:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

If you organize in groups, this one will probably bite you a few times.

If you unhide a group, All subobjects are shown. Coming from Rhino, as an example, you'll probably already have a nested group tree in one file. That actually comes in, named and everything. Well that's nice, not to have to export each piece as a new file and import them one at a time. Well....but every time you unhide your group, you have to go back through and select which groups/parts you want visible.

It is nice to have that as a right click option for sure. Right click > Show all subobjects/children. But to have that as the default option makes organization difficult.

This has also bit me in the past because upon rendering to the queue, the queue Also didn't remember what was individually hidden, so I basically rendered Everything for every image. That bug seems to be fixed now. But I always test what I'm planning in the queue Just in case. You never really know what's going to work or not because if you don't think exactly like the engineers at Keyshot, then chances are, it's not going to work out for you.

guest84672

KeyShot 6 will have the ability to "lock" items in the scene tree. That includes their visibility.

andy.engelkemier

that doesn't sound like the fastest workflow, but at least it sounds like it will be there.
To me Keyshot is all about speed to results, and speed for updating results. We all just kind of roll our eyes when you guys come out with features that aren't related to that, wishing the focus was more on our needs. I'm not sure how much that's talked about, but that's definitely Our focus.