Backplate image adjustment slider

Started by Ed, April 24, 2015, 01:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

I wish the backplate "Adjust Brightness" check box were a brightness slider instead. 

If I could take a backplate from very dark to very bright, the versatility of my collection would go way up.

And I'd be able to better match the plate to the existing lighting.

Ed Ferguson

TpwUK

Chad Holton

+1  ;D

Really like this idea - and maybe the ability to have a few more color adjustments like the environment editor?

TpwUK

Speedster

+ I think for everyone on the forum!
Bill G

edwardo

+1

and a basic gaussian blur slider would be great!

br3ttman

+100 Chads idea.  Would like to adjust hue/sat on labels, too.

PhilippeV8

brigtness slider +1
contrast slider +1
hue +1
saturation +1
gaussian blur +1 !!

Chad Holton

Wow - awesome response! I think you guys really want this feature.  :D
I'll request it and keep my fingers crossed (as that seems to help for some reason) that it makes the cut, if it's not there already.

edwardo

QuoteWow - awesome response! I think you guys really want this feature.  :D
I guess anything that lets you make minor changes to the backplate image without having to open Photoshop (then update the image), is a good thing.  :D

Speedster

I agree with Edwardo!  That's the tiresome part, takes a lot of time, and you lose your mental focus as well.

And of course, I keep requesting a simple "Reset" button on ALL materials!  Just be nice (quite often) to get back to where you were before multiple tweaks.  CTRL + Z is not what I mean.

Bill G

Chad Holton

Quote from: Speedster on April 27, 2015, 01:21:39 PM

And of course, I keep requesting a simple "Reset" button on ALL materials!  Just be nice (quite often) to get back to where you were before multiple tweaks.  CTRL + Z is not what I mean.

Hi Bill,

Sorry, I'm not sure I follow - can you reapply the material from the library instead? Or is that what you're wanting to avoid having to do?

Chad

Speedster

Hi Chad;
Yes, I'm trying to avoid making notes on what material I started with, or overusing tired brain cells.  A Reset would really help.  Say for example you have applied a material from the Library.  You then tweak it a bit.  But then, later perhaps, you change out the bump map, rescale the bump, change the angle perhaps, then change the color a few times.  Maybe apply other tweaks.  But in the end, you don't like it.  So a Reset would simply take you back to where you started (or last liked it), but not necessarily to the original Library material.  Just back to the last tweak.

Think of the scrub bar on Zbrush, where you can simply go back in time to where you last left off, or last liked what you had.  But for KeyShot, not a scrub bar, but a simple reset button.

Hope that makes sense?

Bill G

edwardo

I getcha.... almost like the camera, whereby any changes that you make cause an "(unsaved)" to appear after the name, giving you the option of saving at any point or reverting back. That would work for me