Pump Me Up.

Started by EGON, May 04, 2015, 02:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EGON

TpwUK

looking good Egon :)

Martin

Adam_M

Something looks funny, maybe the scale or the perspective.... 

Maybe its just me.

PhilippeV8

I'm sure its both.

Daikin airco's aren't that big ;)

EGON

Can you show me the scale using the man?

Angelo

Quote from: EGON on May 05, 2015, 07:23:55 AM
Can you show me the scale using the man?
how tall is the man? XD

EGON

EGON

Screen shot.

E.Sirbu

the perspective is wrong. I am not a rendering expert but I made this that could help you. :)

EGON

Thanks E for the diagram. I've had this problem since day one. It's like I'm perspective blind. Another try.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Isn't there this..perspective matcher in KeyShot? Never used it myself, but seen it on a tutorial.

Speedster

Perspective looks spot on in the last image. 

But at least to me the car still seems small.  I'm referencing the door handles on the cooling towers (?) in the background, as compared to the car door handle.  Because of distance, the car handles should be about the "same relative size", but of course larger as the car is in the foreground.  It would help to know how high (tall) the AC units are.

It's subjective, but maybe tweak the car up in size until it "looks" right?

Bill G

EGON

I still like the first one better. I like the fact that it violates the grid a little. I mean really does everything have to look so proper?  It's just a picture not a science project.

Ed

"... I'm referencing the door handles on the cooling towers (?) in the background, as compared to the car door handle."

I rendered a car today and used the KS perspective tool to position it.  Still had an issue figuring out the proper scale for the car. 

So I used my Screen Calipers (http://www.iconico.com/caliper/).  The car sets on paved brick.  Google search told me 8" is typical for brick.  So using the pixels-to-units calibration feature of the calipers, I used a brick next to the tire as the standard.  Then opened the screen calipers to 19", which is the rim diameter. Then scaled the car until the rim fit the calipers.  I find myself using this tool in all sorts of applications, not just KS.

Ed Ferguson

PhilippeV8

Got to admit .. these things are quite a lot bigger than I expected ...

Dimensions (H x W x D)
Outdoor (mm) 1680 x 930 x 765

The perspective study is correct, but by no means do you HAVE to align your car to these lines ... it doesn't have to be parked parallel to the building or the airco's.  That's true.

I'll also attach some images I made in sketchup .. if you want the skp file, I can attach it as well.