Processor load during render

Started by quigley, November 02, 2010, 04:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quigley

I had always assumed that keyshot maxed out all  the cores on your processor during rendering but today I happened to have the task manager running while doing a keyshot render and noticed that it was only running at half or 1/4 capacity, with the odd flicker up to 100%. This is on a Quad core machine.

Is the processing dependent on the materials used? I noticed that as the render processed the squares over a non glass material it maxed out, but over glass it was back down to half(2 cores) or 1 core.

I have had no special settings on this machine, but I was running SolidWorks and Outlook at the same time (albeit in the background with Keyshot to the foreground).

guest84672

Interesting. We will check into this. Can you confirm the following:

- build 2.1.25
- glass - solid glass or glass?

Thomas

quigley

Can't repeat this today with same file! Build 2.1.20, XP 32 bit, Glass with two sided on. Today the processor cores are running flat out but I'm not running SolidWorks or Outlook, so maybe it is something to do with that? I'll keep a look out for it again.

guest84672

ok - and get yourself upgraded to 2.1.25 - out now in the Member's Only section.