Main Menu

Retro Style ship

Started by strunzo, May 26, 2015, 07:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strunzo

Hiya, I had another go at applying some different materials to give the ship a more older used look, let me know what you think, cheers

Arn

I like it, it is less plasticky and toy-like this way.

edwardo

yea, these are WAY nicer!! Nice work

Angelo

strunzo

Thanks guys, it was worth the extra effort, I am going to make up a sky pad or a hanger next to see how she looks under different lighting, cheers

richardfunnell

Your materials & textures look great! I would suggest trying some different lighting environments, this scene could use a little punch of some more dynamic lighting :)

Really good looking images though, looking forward to more!

strunzo

Thanks Richard - I would love some hints or settings if you have any :)

strunzo

Just sharing a work in progress - landing pad, trying the lighting again and new landing pad

richardfunnell

Whoah, those are looking super! Your move to an environment with a sky instead of the studios really helps the metal pop; seeing the correct reflections of the environment on your model was the perfect move :)

Speedster

Really neat, and it's fun watching your progression with this.

Suggestion- since it's high in the atmosphere, I would think the shadows would be quite harsh and sharp? This may require a comp, with this wonderful HDR, and another that throws hard shadows.

Bill G

strunzo

Cheers for the feedback, I never actually thought about the shadows, particularly in space, good call out and something to learn, I will play around and see what comes up :)