Main Menu

Car rim

Started by zecow, May 30, 2015, 10:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zecow

Made this model in SolidWorks. Like to hear your opinions

Dylan

The orange background kind of overwhelms the model and makes it hard to see.

zecow

Thanks Dylan for comment that is true. I was targeting with orange background on more interesting look of render but it is maybe wrong way for that.

PhilippeV8

These rimms ... but with "ford midnight sky" instead of black .. and a tad more red in the orange .. would look AWESOME on my car !  ;D

got like this one:

Magnus Skogsfjord

I don't know, I might think you are on to something. Kinda like the orange on orange look. Problem is, which Dylan points out, that the orange on the rim blends in with the background.

Maybe it could benefit from some more detailed lighting in front, to pull out the shapes more?

Speedster

I like the orange, it's startling and different.

What is the intended rim material?  It looks like you used chrome?  You might want to play with metallic paints, which gives you a lot of play room for tweaks.  And it would break with the tires, as well as help kill the sharp orange in the spokes, yet retain the cast light and orange color.

Bill G

Josh3D

Keep pushing this. It's a great looking wheel.

This is a good reference for custom wheels. Notice the lighting, the highlights, how the white/chrome versions (on white background) are presented and how context really sells it: http://www.carid.com/custom-wheels.html