Alter no. of cores without refreshing image.

Started by edwardo, June 02, 2015, 08:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edwardo

I work mostly in full screen mode, to create images that fit my MBP retina screen, so certain things bother me (things that cause my image to re-size and start over realtime rendering). Mostly I can overcome this by making sure my windows don't dock. However the ribbon doesn't seem to undock and stay undocked. I often want to check how many cores I'm using and put it up max when I'm ready to get a decent screen grab. Here is what I would like to see...

- More reliable 'undocking' of the ribbon so that I can toggle it on and off confidently without refreshing or resizing my image
- The number of cores being used displayed in the HUD (why is this not here already, it seems like an important piece of info with regards to fps?)
- possibly short cut keys to toggle up and down number of cores being used, hopefully without causing the realtime render to refresh!

Basically, anything that causes my realtime render to refresh by mistake is a big time waster for me. I realise that this might only affect people who work in full screen mode (without a secondary display)

ed