Another cool effect LM6

Martin

Josh3D

Stinkin' cool. Love the light on this.

evilmaul

what new KS6 feature is this about?
kool stuff btw!

Despot

Apparently OBJ sequencing via scripting...

The guys at Luxion kept this quiet ;)

I would love to use it, as it opens up a whole new level of possibilities

Ultra-cool demo Peter, love it

J

LM6

Hi Guys

Just to be clear here, I have not got the exclusive on a secret script that Luxion have created, I can assure you it was me who asked them about this as soon as I was put on the beta group. I had read about using script in KS6 on the main board a few weeks back but I am not great at it so they have kindly helped me along,  so far it's working great but I want to be able to control the timeline which should allow animated cameras and materials as well, hopefully this can be done and I will then post the script I am using on the forum.

Thanks

Peter

Despot

Hey Peter

Didn't mean that to sound like it did, I was just joking... I always put my foot in it,  ::)

In my eyes, that script will be the dog's bollocks in terms of what will be possible

Cheers

J

Josh3D

Hey everyone, the details on scripting were in the What's New, but it has been updated to add some details on the two examples that come with KeyShot 6. Please do test and let us know what you think and what could be better!

You can find the What's New here: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=10591.0

TpwUK

I didn't realise the script handled OBJ - Thought it was using the FBX side of life, I will have to see if my cheap n cheerful poly-modeller can export particle geometry with OBJ, it supports Jscripting so in theory it should be able to do it - I know the FBX library it supports does not export camera paths or particles/deformations. Certainly worth a look at though.

I assume the script for keyshot would be along the lines of ...

Launch KeyShot with an input <whatever.obj + up axis + groups/materials kind of thing
Launch render engine with choice of max samples, max time (would advanced render be compatible but only if none interior) ?
Render complete, close KS render engine - Close KeyShot or issue New file or Import with Update Geometry ? Keep materials

Wrap in a while/Wend loop until OBJ's have all been processed ?

Martin

Speedster

Haven't a clue what you guys are talking about, but it sounds exciting!  The video is amazing!
Bill G

LM6

OK John no worries, you had me worried for a minute :)

Quote from: The Metal Master on June 08, 2015, 03:55:29 AM
Hey Peter

Didn't mean that to sound like it did, I was just joking... I always put my foot in it,  ::)

In my eyes, that script will be the dog's bollocks in terms of what will be possible

Cheers

J

evilmaul

I see, thanks for the answers.
Unfortunately this seem more of an hack than an actual production tool. Also not sure I would want to have a sequence of gigantic OBJ for even a short number of frames.
Will still wait for either 'deformation' being supported by fbx or to be able to import a cache via Alembic files.
Those are nice examples though thanks for sharing

Marco