Author Topic: Quick interior test  (Read 7058 times)

Offline edwardo

Re: Quick interior test
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 02:24:28 am »
HA!! "Magnus S" I just noticed that on grab cad... small world.  Well, a massive shout out to Magnus for supplying the rubber duckie (you can't tell from this, but its an amazing, clean model!).

Thanks folks, I have a few more things to do to this then I will call it a day I think.

E

Offline TpwUK

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 02:53:57 am »
Looking really good Edwardo, are you going to push it further ?

Martin

Offline edwardo

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 03:03:37 am »
Yes, a bit, not much though (I don't like the space/design, it was just done for a friend, so I am conscious of wasting time on something that probably won't make it to the old portfolio).  Any suggestions, or do you think I should call it a day? I was planning on putting a glass bottle/pump on the sink and trying to get some caustics on the wall, and also filling that middle self with stuff (glass bottles and a nice basket model if I can find one). To be honest, I just want to use my spare minutes to get back to my space garage I was working on.

@Magnus: how the devil could you tell that was your model duck from the tiny image of it here??? Or was it more a case of detective work (i.e. I would probably have gone to grabcad, and your duck is the best duck there). Either way... its a nice duck. https://grabcad.com/library/rubber-duck-2

E

Offline Magnus Skogsfjord

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2015, 03:28:22 am »
@Magnus: how the devil could you tell that was your model duck from the tiny image of it here??? Or was it more a case of detective work (i.e. I would probably have gone to grabcad, and your duck is the best duck there). Either way... its a nice duck. https://grabcad.com/library/rubber-duck-2

Hah. Thanks man:)

I took a chance that it was mine. The beak has a special look compared to the other rubber duck models on grabcad. Not much detective work involved. This was a first try on testing a special toolset in NX, so I'm surprised you think it is a clean model. It's actually very messy when I look at it in retrospect. But I'm really glad to see it could be of use to someone.

Anyhow, ducks aside, your scene looks darn good!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:30:55 am by Magnus Skogsfjord »

Offline Despot

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2015, 04:16:15 am »
Ha ha... bird shit on the window, lovely touch...

J

Offline edwardo

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2015, 04:23:11 am »
ha, thanks. What velux window doesn't have a big bird shit on it? You clean them, go and make a cup of tea, come back and theres a fresh new one there! circle of life.

guest84672

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2015, 06:13:04 pm »
Looks really great!

Offline Arn

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2015, 06:40:53 pm »
I think giving the white paint some texture would do wonders. Now it just looks a bit too sterile :) The rest is getting there, the little details make it come to life.

Offline edwardo

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 01:14:50 am »
Thanks Thomas

Yes, Arn, I think your right. Also a bit of photoshopping to dirty up where wall planes meet (particularly where the bricks meet the flat walls).

Offline Detox

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2015, 08:54:08 am »
That yellow duck though  :D Awesome!

Offline PhilippeV8

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2015, 11:11:14 pm »
For my taste, while the scene was a tiny bit too green at first, now it's getting a bit too red.  But that's a quick fix in post ;)

Question is .. what are you doing with a rubber duck in the shower  :P

Offline bronson

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2015, 06:17:37 pm »
edwardo,

Nice shot!!
Pls share the same scene modeled in KS5 for comparing.
I am going to love the new interior lighting mode in KS6 :)

Bronson

Offline edwardo

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2015, 06:59:43 am »
Sorry, man, i don't actually have KS5. I have 4 and am beta testing 6. I can try rendering it for a few minutes with "interior mode" turned off, i think that would essentially be the same as ks5? Yea, I think everyone is going to love KS6!

@Philippe: I agree with you about the hues - i'll sort all that when I get round to rendering out a final shot. I also need to do some sort of ambient occlusion pass (Metal Master was talking about this the other day - I haven't found or seen any new KS6 features on this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?). I don't know what the rubber duck is doing in the shower. Maybe it just got bored of the bath tub? Maybe its one of those stealth vibrators? Who knows, I just liked it. I always try and put something daft in my scenes, for fun.

E

Offline TpwUK

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2015, 07:19:11 am »
Occlusion is available in the graph editor Edwardo, under textures :)

Martin

Offline Søren

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2015, 08:01:35 am »
The occlusion procedural is not really an "occlusion pass". But you can mimic a pass by having a Flat material with the occlusion procedural as the color and assign it to the entire scene.

Søren