Main Menu

KeyShot 6 Renders...

Started by Despot, June 15, 2015, 04:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

Quote from: edwardo on June 16, 2015, 07:01:56 AM
I don't know much about the tech and the ins and outs, but a tell-tale sign that the GI isn't working so well for your interior setups is when the corners of rooms are dark and murky. This isn't happening at all in KS6, and an average interior scene (in terms of complexity) is resolving very fast! (my bathroom scene was ready for a screen grab after about 10 minutes, at almost 3k res, on a run of the mill Macbook Pro). So far there doesn't seem to be a massive slow down (if any) when mixing physical lights with hdri light 'driven' through your windows/appertures. Seriously, this is a big deal, KS has once again done an amazing thing by letting people focus on creativity (and not worry about infinite minute tweaks and tinkering). You can't put a price on something that makes your brain hurt just a little bit less  :)

Exactly Edwardo, interior scenes now resolve very quickly indeed, in minutes and not hours, like you say, Luxion have done it again and applied the same magic they applied on Product Vis to the Arch Vis side of things

edwardo

QuoteExactly Edwardo, interior scenes now resolve very quickly indeed, in minutes and not hours, like you say, Luxion have done it again and applied the same magic they applied on Product Vis to the Arch Vis side of things

Yea, I'v got a funny feeling the world of Arch Vis is about to jump on board with Keyshot in a big way. Am I right in saying that'll be mainly Rhino and C4D users, maybe Sketchup for the hobbyists? I wander whats next... time laps hdri sky's, and cool new proxy capabilities for creating full blown environments?

Exciting times - this week I got to play with KS6, finally get the official Rhino for Mac release, and hear that my favourite plugins are going ahead for it (t-splines, and autodesk shapes ,and grasshopper eventually). Soon Zbrush will be 64 bit and I'll jump onboard with that too. Good times, such a pity that i'v heard the world is going to end in September  :-\

TpwUK

QuoteGood times, such a pity that i'v heard the world is going to end in September  :-\

Ah ha, that explains Rhino 5 for Mac offer expiring in September, thanks for the heads up Edwardo :P

Martin