Main Menu

KeyShot 6 Renders...

Started by Despot, June 15, 2015, 04:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

Hey Guys

Here are a few renders that were done over the past few weeks testing out new features in KS6

J

edwardo

All of that is stinking good!  :o

I haven't played with the occlusion shader yet - looks interesting (I take it you can dial that down to your preference?). I had noticed on the KS6 home page you did a close up of that leather chesterfield.... seriously, how good is that? If you ever get a chance it would be great to see tutorials. I'v just started playing with the materials node system now, but its wrecking my head - need more coffee!

Great work, as always Mr Master

TpwUK

Nice work J - They look even better when compiled into a portfolio style post.

Keep em coming buddy :P

Martin

slater

Are all awesome and stunning rendering, but without explanation in how to use and set material , light scene etc etc are only nice to see but to be an end in itself.

Magnus Skogsfjord

I really love the specular effect you have put into some of these renders. Really makes the final push to awesomeness.

Arn

What's the exact benefit of the interior render mode?

Despot

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated

The 'Interior' mode, as far as I understand is used specifically  for enclosed spaces where a lot of bounced light is needed.

J

Arn

Quote from: The Metal Master on June 16, 2015, 06:33:15 AM
The 'Interior' mode, as far as I understand is used specifically  for enclosed spaces where a lot of bounced light is needed.

J
I understand what it is for, but what does it do that normal Keyshot does not do?

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Arn on June 16, 2015, 06:42:27 AM
Quote from: The Metal Master on June 16, 2015, 06:33:15 AM

J
I understand what it is for, but what does it do that normal Keyshot does not do?

Here's a quote from "Keyshot" from this thread: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=10716.0;topicseen
QuoteInterior and product will give the same result with physical lights. There is a small difference with environment lighting where the interior mode considers light from the entire environment, while the classic "product" rendering method assumes there is a ground with a shadow and modifies the lighting accordingly. In complex lighting setups interior lighting will give a smoother result much faster. We are still refining the interior lighting algorithm and if you have scenes that are still problematic (noisy) then please share them with us.

There's is some difference in the algorithm, that makes the interior mode faster and smoother for interior setups.

Despot

It uses a different rendering algorithm that allows interiors to be rendered quickly and efficiently.

Despot

A straggler or two...

edwardo

I don't know much about the tech and the ins and outs, but a tell-tale sign that the GI isn't working so well for your interior setups is when the corners of rooms are dark and murky. This isn't happening at all in KS6, and an average interior scene (in terms of complexity) is resolving very fast! (my bathroom scene was ready for a screen grab after about 10 minutes, at almost 3k res, on a run of the mill Macbook Pro). So far there doesn't seem to be a massive slow down (if any) when mixing physical lights with hdri light 'driven' through your windows/appertures. Seriously, this is a big deal, KS has once again done an amazing thing by letting people focus on creativity (and not worry about infinite minute tweaks and tinkering). You can't put a price on something that makes your brain hurt just a little bit less  :)

edwardo

I love the toy cameras - the colours (in the overall shot) are awesome!

richardfunnell

Wow, that rocket battery (?) is SUPER! Very cool looking little concept :D