AMG S63 rendering project

Started by Nils Piirma, June 28, 2015, 04:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TpwUK

There's a couple of things on the first render that are not right. The model itself looks great, but the wheels are looking as if they have been composited in and are not part of the render. The front wheels tread curvature looks as if it's being ripped off in the wing, the treads curvature does not match that of the tyre wall, the rear tyres look as if they have slipped off the wheel rim etc etc.

These are the tricks that tsunami used to pull and that's where the references are coming from

Martin

Angelo

Quote from: slater on July 03, 2015, 04:40:41 AM
Quote from: SergioBL on July 02, 2015, 06:23:20 PM
;D I remember the "Tsunamigate"...

Great renders Nils! The 3d environments you are doing are awesome! I agree with the comments about the smoothing zones :)
What is the focus with tsunamigate and nils renders???? Boh
https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=6744.0 tsunamigate........ nils was caught doing similar thing before on keyshot cgi facebook group.

slater

Quote from: Angelo on July 03, 2015, 05:33:44 AM
Quote from: slater on July 03, 2015, 04:40:41 AM
Quote from: SergioBL on July 02, 2015, 06:23:20 PM
;D I remember the "Tsunamigate"...

Great renders Nils! The 3d environments you are doing are awesome! I agree with the comments about the smoothing zones :)
What is the focus with tsunamigate and nils renders???? Boh
https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=6744.0 tsunamigate........ nils was caught doing similar thing before on keyshot cgi facebook group.
I continue to don't understand..WHERE IS THE PROBLEM?? Did Nils use some tricks? So?? where is the problem??That's mean his renders are not great works?
Yes they are. Most of 3d artists use trickS and postproduction on their work..so???? I don't see the problem...i see the bad thing " he was caught".."he was caught"..killed someone???
Bah really don't understand..
I saw here on keyshot forum an artist..( i don't remeber the name) that made great automotive renders...but the ENTIRE BACKGROUND SCENE AND LIGHT was completely built in photoshop postproduction
, but all comments from users was WOW ..GREAT..wow.....whi nobody there told the same thing about tricks...whi no scandal on that?SO only because he use tricks on tires...????are u kidding guys?

Nils Piirma

betwen me and tsunami, i only used car imagry as backplates yet my models were all mine. so there's a fundamental difference there, and as far as i have seen, he did more than just use the backplate, he went full on copy paste basically.

Those days for me are ower because i have been exclusivly been building all of my scenery in 3d and rendering on those, so not a single backplate is illegal or something like that, all of my models are my models (scenes) - used as backplates in the scene.

old times were old times, so please stop reffering me to Tsunamis SHIT, not my deal, not like me, nothing to do with me.

slater

Quote from: nilspiirma3d on July 03, 2015, 08:44:19 AM
betwen me and tsunami, i only used car imagry as backplates yet my models were all mine. so there's a fundamental difference there, and as far as i have seen, he did more than just use the backplate, he went full on copy paste basically.

Those days for me are ower because i have been exclusivly been building all of my scenery in 3d and rendering on those, so not a single backplate is illegal or something like that, all of my models are my models (scenes) - used as backplates in the scene.

old times were old times, so please stop reffering me to Tsunamis SHIT, not my deal, not like me, nothing to do with me.
Nils dont worry only some guru on here think like that! U are a real artist..and that gurus ..shut up..
There is someone on here also that never explain or share something here..and his definition is guru..please...
Then i saw at Tsunami renders too..and i didnt see all that shame..!! I repeat there is an artist here and now i will look for it, that made an automotive pickup render, and then he made backplate lights details..road all in photoshop. .and the guru on here didnt tell nothing.
Nils you are an artist..go to your way with this awesome renders

slater

"he was caught".."he was caught".."he was caught".."he was caught"..
That are only bullshit...
Great artist..!

edwardo

QuoteWhat is the focus with tsunamigate and nils renders???? Boh

NOTHING!!! Metal Master simply said SINCE tsunamigate he scrutinises automotive images a little more. I then stupidly posted (as a joke) and image that was clearly NOT a keyshot rendering (as Tsunami used to do, before describing in great untrue detail how he produced the image). There is absolutely NO link to Nils, and nobody is suggesting that he has been doing a 'Tsunami'. Nils's work is the real deal, and personally I'm really liking his experimenting with actual geometry backgrounds / environments.

So, just to be clear, there is no, and has never been any connection between Nils and tsunami!!! Lets stop any referencing to Tsunami! I think this thread has suffered from language barriers and there has been some confusion, which I feel partly responsible for.... sorry :-[

@Nils: keep up the good work.

slater

Quote from: edwardo on July 04, 2015, 07:53:43 AM
QuoteWhat is the focus with tsunamigate and nils renders???? Boh

NOTHING!!! Metal Master simply said SINCE tsunamigate he scrutinises automotive images a little more. I then stupidly posted (as a joke) and image that was clearly NOT a keyshot rendering (as Tsunami used to do, before describing in great untrue detail how he produced the image). There is absolutely NO link to Nils, and nobody is suggesting that he has been doing a 'Tsunami'. Nils's work is the real deal, and personally I'm really liking his experimenting with actual geometry backgrounds / environments.

So, just to be clear, there is no, and has never been any connection between Nils and tsunami!!! Lets stop any referencing to Tsunami! I think this thread has suffered from language barriers and there has been some confusion, which I feel partly responsible for.... sorry :-[

@Nils: keep up the good work.
Was not refered to you edwardo..There was other people accusing with stupidity language "he was caught"......

SergioBL

Like Edwardo said, THERE IS NOT any link between Nils and tsunami, NOBODY IS SAYING Nils is doing the same stuff, Nils is a very cool guy with amazing skills and he doesn't need go that low, I had the opportunity to talk with him, and he takes very seriously his job.

Please Nils, keep up the great work!!!  8)

Nils Piirma

Thanks guys for the wonderful comments, and boosting my self confidence :P I like this community a lot.

Nils Piirma

Quite frankly, If you guys think that I composited in the wheels shomehow, here's my KS project tree

Explain it! :D Gheez people, gheeez, I love wheels, why would I ever do such a stupid edit anyway :D

Josh3D

Ok guys. Let's keep it professional. Slater, watch it.

Nils Piirma

Quote from: Josh Mings on July 06, 2015, 09:38:57 AM
Ok guys. Let's keep it professional. Slater, watch it.

True story Josh. I agree. Some things just are meant to be discussed privately not "IN YO' FACE".

Despot

I would just like to say that I personally did not liken you to Tsunami... I simply said that on Automobile renders (or any for that matter) I now scrutinise for heavy post work and the blatant copy and paste 'techniques' he used... I even do this on Tim Feher's work and he's the 'Car God'

Just thought I would make myself clear... perhaps I shouldn't have brought up the 'T' word in your thread and for that you have my apologies...

Cheers

J

Nils Piirma

Quote from: The Metal Master on July 06, 2015, 09:44:00 AM

I would just like to say that I personally did not liken you to Tsunami... I simply said that on Automobile renders (or any for that matter) I now scrutinise for heavy post work and the blatant copy and paste 'techniques' he used... I even do this on Tim Feher's work and he's the 'Car God'

Just thought I would make myself clear... perhaps I shouldn't have brought up the 'T' word in your thread and for that you have my apologies...

Cheers

J

Apology ACCEPTED. :P Cheers!