AMG S63 rendering project

Started by Nils Piirma, June 28, 2015, 04:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nils Piirma

Hello again!

I've been busy lately with this car :)
I tried to create some special scenery for this car and to focus on the grille and body lines as much as possible. Altho' It's a front view mostly and in ortographic mode, gimme' your thoughts on this rendering.

Also there shall be more coming, the coffee is brewing, so stay tuned for more in the upcoming week.

Nils.

(Really appriciative if there would be some comments on this aswell, and yes i know the driver side wheel is a lil' too off the ground :))

TpwUK

Render is good Nils - The model has some attention needs.

Rear tyre looks like it's slipped off the rim
Need smoothing or SubD levels adding to the 'hood' at that resolution you're rendering at
Same as above the door nearest the camera.

Martin

Despot

I agree about the smoothing issue when rendering at such a high resolution, the model you are using has to be of sufficient quality to hold up to close scrutiny.

There is also an issue with Aliasing on a couple of renders which I can't quite put my finger on, perhaps it's a 'post' issue

To be honest since 'Tsunamigate', I'm always a little more observant/critical when looking at automobile renders

Some cool images though...

J

edwardo

QuoteTo be honest since 'Tsunamigate', I'm always a little more observant/critical when looking at automobile renders

Ha, ha, I had forgotten about that!

Here's a little scene i knocked up before breakfast this morning  ;D

edwardo

PS, sorry, don't mean to de-rail, just haven fun.

Nice work Nils!

Despot

QuoteHere's a little scene i knocked up before breakfast this morning

FAKE  ;D  ;D

PhilippeV8

Quote from: edwardo on June 29, 2015, 08:44:21 AM
QuoteTo be honest since 'Tsunamigate', I'm always a little more observant/critical when looking at automobile renders

Waaw !  I'd love to get my hands on that 3D model !!  :P

Nils Piirma

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on June 29, 2015, 11:07:18 PM
Quote from: edwardo on June 29, 2015, 08:44:21 AM

Waaw !  I'd love to get my hands on that 3D model !!  :P

You're not the only one with the same request :D

Angelo

Quote from: The Metal Master on June 29, 2015, 06:30:10 AM
I agree about the smoothing issue when rendering at such a high resolution, the model you are using has to be of sufficient quality to hold up to close scrutiny.

There is also an issue with Aliasing on a couple of renders which I can't quite put my finger on, perhaps it's a 'post' issue

To be honest since 'Tsunamigate', I'm always a little more observant/critical when looking at automobile renders

J
what is tsunamigate?

Angelo

Quote from: Angelo on June 30, 2015, 04:46:35 AM
Quote from: The Metal Master on June 29, 2015, 06:30:10 AM

J
what is tsunamigate?
never mind i looked it up, i just lost all respect for tsunami, damn i used to look up to his renders, what a shame... :(

slater

Nils nice work, i agree too in some suggestion to you also if some person went off focus in the thread, and i dont understand.
Your works are great

Detox

Alang7™

SergioBL

;D I remember the "Tsunamigate"...

Great renders Nils! The 3d environments you are doing are awesome! I agree with the comments about the smoothing zones :)

slater

Quote from: SergioBL on July 02, 2015, 06:23:20 PM
;D I remember the "Tsunamigate"...

Great renders Nils! The 3d environments you are doing are awesome! I agree with the comments about the smoothing zones :)
What is the focus with tsunamigate and nils renders???? Boh