Main Menu

Automotive Interior

Started by feher, July 02, 2015, 06:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

Here is a fun one. I love interiors.
How I will work on automotive interiors is this. First, I will place materials on the parts without textures. I will dial in the colors of the parts..etc Second, it's HDR time . Once loaded I will go back to my materials and start working the reflectivity of the materials. I'm looking at how one material looks next to the other.You should be able to create materials without a texture and know if its hard or soft part. Plastic, leather, or fabric All that is done through reflectivity and roughness. If I can't tell the difference then I tweak some more. The goal is to feel the materials through your eyes. Sounds funny I know. Once I have the materials playing nice with each other it's time to start adding textures. Whoo Whoo
After the textures are added and you will tweak the materials some more.
it's time for some IES lights....lol
Then render and psot.
Side note: You want to really light your scene with the HDR not the IES lights. The IES lights are just to enhance your lighting not take over.
If you turn off your HDR and your lighting doesn't change then you are using to many lights. The power of your lighting is the image base lighting so use it to your advantage.
I'll say it again becasue I feel it's that important.
IES lights, area light diffuse, emmissive light are only to enhance your image base lighting(HDR), not take over.
Data Prep-Maya
Rendering Solution-Luxion Keyshot
Post work-Photoshop
Enjoy
Tim

feher

And here is the raw render straight out of Keyshot for the purest out there  :P

TpwUK

Outstanding results again Tim - Love seeing your interior renders and the detail you achieve. Have you tried KS6 interior lighting preset yet on vehicle interiors ? If so, how well does it perform ?

Martin

alexx

wow, just, wow. Awesome renders.

Is the HDRI real world captured or you made it from scratch from the editor?
would be possible to post small resolution sample from your Hdri so we can see it :)

Angelo

awesome renders! do you remove the roof and other parts so the lights shine through or is this an entire car?

HLeandre

Really great details! Awesome work!
Making of please  ;)

feher

Quote from: Angelo on July 03, 2015, 02:02:00 AM
awesome renders! do you remove the roof and other parts so the lights shine through or is this an entire car?

It all depends on the angle. Sometime I make the roof all one color and place a opacity map on it so some light goes through but at the same time I still get the shadows from the roof. This image I left the roof on. The whole roof is open anyway.

feher

Quote from: alexx on July 02, 2015, 06:45:34 PM
wow, just, wow. Awesome renders.

Is the HDRI real world captured or you made it from scratch from the editor?
would be possible to post small resolution sample from your Hdri so we can see it :)

This HDR was a environment dome. I like using those for interiors because of the warm and cool tones you get from them. Not a big fan of studio type domes for interiors.
Tim

Dylan

imikej

Fantastic work, again, Tim!  Almost would make me buy one. Ha!

abedsabeh

Tim, great renders as usual and very detailed. I wonder if you have any texture map on the interior stitches too  :P

Abed

feher

Quote from: abedsabeh on July 06, 2015, 05:41:02 AM
Tim, great renders as usual and very detailed. I wonder if you have any texture map on the interior stitches too  :P

Abed
Very rarely. Will I do that. It would have to be a close up shot of the stiches.

Despot

Superb renders Tim, I would expect nothing less from you...

J