Metal Material getting me crazy

Started by bentiger, July 22, 2015, 03:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bentiger

Hi,

Has any one suggestions how to get to this material (not the red):

I am trying for about two hours and don't feel even close...Thanks for your help.

TpwUK

Hi Bentiger - It looks like the blue zinc material in version 5 of KeyShot, play with the parameters to adjust the colours to suit

Martin

Esben Oxholm

... Also, remember that the environment has a great impact on the appearance of materials - Especially shiny ones.

bentiger

Okay, that Zinc blue got me much closer to where i want to be. I added some scratches (too much?) and made the colours brighter.

Here is a quick rendering:

I will later probably don't have a view this close, so i hope the scratches will get more unobstrusive.

About the enviroment - That's my first bigger project, I am doing an animation and i thought about doing it after the material. Tried some HDRI but i didn't like any of them so i just started the materials.

Is this the wrong way to do it? Do i have a chance to find a good enviroment without totally messing up my materials?

At the moment i am doing most of the material choice with the startup enviroment.

TpwUK

There ya go Ben, give that a try.

Martin

bentiger

Thanks, those colours were closer than mine. Still a little bit to clean for my scene but i will continue with yours - thanks for your help!

Another surface/material i am not able to create is this one:

My biggest problem here is, that i would like to have the crossed structure but only on the surface where it is in reality. Is it possible to do this in Keyshot if i did not prepare my CAD Modell?

My other problem is, that the cross structure seems hard to get. The only texture i found doing it for me was the Diagonal one, but i guess in Keyshot 5 i can not overlap it to get it crossed?
Any other ideas how to get this crossed structure?

TpwUK

This is doable with a custom scratches map and using metallic paint as the base, then you can assign the map to the specularity or the metal colour. Otherwise you will have to wait for version 6 release :)

Martin