Main Menu

Interior WIP

Started by DriesV, July 25, 2015, 03:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriesV

Finally found time to have a serious go at Interior Mode...
So far, it is seriously awesome. :)

I've set out to match (replicate) an Evermotion Archinteriors scene/rendering. The model is from Evermotion.

This is my first test image. There's a ton of stuff left to assign, optimize and fine-tune. Should be a fun Sunday project. :)
Image = raw render
Lighting = HDRI + area lights (in lamp fixtures) //no 'fill' lights

Dries

TpwUK

That's a good start Dries, nice to see you are giving the interior mode a try, it should be right up your alley and I for one are looking forward to the result :)

Martin

DriesV

Thanks, Martin.

Boy, this is fun...
Added a few more (basic for now) materials and tuned others. This particular angle renders blazingly fast...
Still much to do, but there should be progression with every image. Now, I call it a day. :)

Dries

TpwUK

You keep em coming, i will keep on looking :)

Have a good sleep buddy ....

Martin

Despot

Nice one Dries lad... But, somehow to me it looks a little blurred or again, could just be my ancient peepers

Also, I've been looking at some of your previous interiors rendered in KS5 I think and they seem better somehow :/

Despot

Just looked again and it looks like the first shot is taken outside, looking in, that's why it seemed to be blurred...

J

DriesV

John, no worries. I'll work it until you like it. :)

Dries

Despot

No, I love it, seriously... I've liked nearly everything you've eve done, nothings changed on that score

In fact, when I first joined this forum, you were my inspiration...

I'm waiting for a hi-res version of this to get the full effect  :D

J

DriesV

Update.
Added a rectangular area light as fill light in this one.

Dries

DriesV

Here's a first higher resolution shot.
I'm still letting the scene cook some more, as it can use more sampling in some areas.

Dries

TpwUK

I like the way this is going - What camera focal length are you using there Dries ?

Martin

KeyShot

Looking great! Just need some imperfections, scratches, dirt  to take it to the next level :-)

DriesV

Quote from: KeyShot on July 26, 2015, 04:17:08 PM
Looking great! Just need some imperfections, scratches, dirt  to take it to the next level :-)

Yes, some of those neat and tidy white corners could use some occlusion smudging. :)

Dries

edwardo

Wow, this is great, really looking forwards to seeing more and more great interior work from people. My only criticism is the floor - looks like horrible laminate stuff from Ikea. But the lighting and 'temperature' look great. Oooooh, won't it be great when we can put in a bit of sun haze or volumetrics of some kind?

E

Josh3D

My mouth is watering. Really. This looks great.