Main Menu

Open Part In New Window

Started by multitech, July 27, 2015, 11:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

multitech

Hi Guys,

I often have huge assemblies where I need to add labels to one of the components.  I want to be able to turn the visibility of everything else off, apply my labels to the one part, and then turn everything else back on to the previous state.

Or pause the assembly real time window and open a window that just shows the single part, apply the labels, save and close the part, and then assembly will be updated with the material/label change.  Similar to working with a Solidworks, Pro/E, or Creo Model.

Sorry, I wasn't clear above.  I wrote "everything else", when I should have put everything that is currently visible.  Not all the parts are visible in the current display state.   :-[

Mike  :o

guest84672

"Show only" allows you to do this. It will only show the selected objects, and hide everything else.

multitech

If you use Show Only, how would you restore the model back to the previous view state and keep your material/label change?  To clarify, I don't want to turn everything else in the model back to visible, only the parts I previously had visible.  For instance if I have a model configuration where I have 800 out of 1000 total parts displayed.  I don't think Scene Sets would help in this instance either.

TpwUK

Right click and select Show All :)

Martin

guest84672

Show all would bring all the parts back in KeyShot 5. In KeyShot 6 you can lock the hidden parts, and then show all will only bring back the parts that are not locked.

Winch Doctor

I see what you mean though. This hypothetical tool would let you quickly flash back and forth between your current visibility and just viewing a part or set of parts without having to select anything else, like a parts preview window of sorts. Sounds handy.