Main Menu

old scene revisited

Started by edwardo, July 29, 2015, 04:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edwardo

I ran an old scene through KS6 and fudged about with the wooden table surface a bit. Not only can you do so much more with materials in KS6, but it would appear to render a fps faster! Now to go and fudge about with some of the polymers on the headphone cables.

E

TpwUK

Excellent table top Edwardo :)

Martin

edwardo

Thanks Martin, yea i'm chuffed with the wood. I'm not sure how to 'dirty' up the white plastic shielding on headphones - might try bumping on the tooling split line, and maybe even an injection moulding gate/nipple thing, then add an overall procedural bump to it.... or something like that.

Cheers
E

TpwUK

Quotemight try bumping on the tooling split line, and maybe even an injection moulding gate/nipple thing, then add an overall procedural bump to it.... or something like that.

Look forward to seeing the results :)

Martin

hpvd

@edwardo

could you also share the original (KS5) one?

would be awesome to see the difference 1to1

edwardo

mafrieger

wow that's a huge difference! Would you mind showing the setup of the material graph used for this?

Despot

Nice 'Cheble' Edwardo... now get the thing that's laying on it dirty, with earwax and shit :)

J

edwardo

QuoteNice 'Cheble' Edwardo... now get the thing that's laying on it dirty, with earwax and shit :)

J

Ha, yes sir!

Maybe not earwax, but a few scratches and a sticky paw print, a bit of dirt on the flex, and a nice coffee cup stain on the table. Think Im done with this now

Quote@edwardo

could you also share the original (KS5) one?

would be awesome to see the difference 1to1

Actually I think the old shot was KS3, can't quite remember

E

TpwUK

Good job E ... Between you and J I really need to up my abuse skills and loose my photographers mentality

Martin

Josh3D

edwardo

Speedster

QuoteI really need to up my abuse skills and loose my photographers mentality
Ditto!  There's an "artist" lurking within all of us- now to find it!
Bill G

TpwUK

QuoteDitto!  There's an "artist" lurking within all of us- now to find it!

As one of my friends on FB rightly pointed out, as photographers we want everything clean and in pristine condition for that 'beauty' shot, now we work in 3D we want everything scratched and messed up !!

Martin

Speedster

It's all Luxion's fault, with that darned Material Graph!
Bill G