leica camera and lenses by Hans van Vlijmen

Started by TpwUK, August 01, 2015, 05:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TpwUK

2 Max Time Renders @ 1 hour x 24 Threads at 2.4Ghz
1 Advanced render on defaults plus 4AA

Martin

Despot

I like it Martin, but for me though, the plastics should be black, not grey... perhaps adjust gamma ?

Anyway, nice one...

J

Josh3D

Yeah, some small adjustments on the blacks. Besides that, love those textures.

TpwUK

I will throw another render in later with a darker surface colour and see if it fixes it.

Martin

TpwUK

New renders with the metal roughness set by a scratches material this time rather than the clearcoat roughness. Now the lenses seem to be too shiny/reflective .... Still more to do on this one

Martin

TpwUK

I think this is the final shot at this subject ....

Martin

edwardo

I like it. your lenses look great  8). Iv not tried black on black shots, are they as much of a bugger as white on white?

TpwUK

Thanks Edwardo ...
QuoteIv not tried black on black shots, are they as much of a bugger as white on white?

I don't seem to have problems with black on black - I suffer more with white for sure :)

Martin

edwardo

Having looked at this again, I recon it might pop if you render out the leica badge and the red 'nipples' on the lenses really vividly and glossy like. I guess this is where region render comes in handy?

I hope you don't mind... i fudged it in photoshop quickly

TpwUK

QuoteHaving looked at this again, I recon it might pop if you render out the leica badge and the red 'nipples' on the lenses really vividly and glossy like. I guess this is where region render comes in handy?

Yeah region render is cool - Speeds things up quiet nicely. The other bits were/are in the pipeline to do, but because of the problems i was having with getting the materials to look how i wanted i just decided to stop fighting with it and let it be until the full v6 comes out and see if it plays any better then.

QuoteI hope you don't mind... i fudged it in photoshop quickly

Nahhhh I don't mind at all E - feel free to make as many fudges as you want :P

Martin

Despot

I like the others better Martin, the scratches don't look realistic on this one... sorry

Good luck when you redo this using the proper version of KS6, they might include a 'Magic Pixie Scratch Tool' just for you !! ;)

J