import can cause locked camera to move

Started by andy.engelkemier, August 06, 2015, 12:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

If you're on a locked camera, import an object, and leave the checkbox turned on that has the camera look at the object that checkbox overrides the locked camera.

Instead, it should switch to free camera, and  move that one. Or just be greyed out and not selectable.

sethcshort

I've run into this same issue several times, even in version 6.2. HOWEVER I'm seeing it even when I have "Adjust camera to look at geometry" un-checked. Encountered it again today which is why I'm writing this.

It seems to overwrite/move whatever camera you're looking out of when you import a file (eg Keyshot bip) that has a camera in it. Even if the camera you're looking out of is LOCKED and therefore shouldn't change at all. It UNLOCKS the camera and moves it. Seemingly in a random direction -- not even the location of the imported camera.

This happens regardless of if the cameras have the same name. It messes with whatever camera you're viewing through at the time.

Expected behavior is that it would add whatever cameras are in the imported file without changing the existing ones. If cameras have the same name, it should modify the imported camera's name to "[imported file name] - [camera name]" or similar.

guest84672

We are looking into this and will let you know what we find.