Translucent - Preview vs Output

Started by AB47, August 17, 2015, 06:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AB47

Hi All,

I have been using this forum for some time to but this is my first post.

I have a bit of an issue regarding lights and translucent material. The translucent material is from the cloud, translucent PA. I want to illuminate a keypad and in live preview the material works as intended. When I render however (with 16 ray bounces , the same as the preview) it comes out black, as if all the light is being blocked out.

The keypad is in three sections, the main body is translucent, then there is a label and finally a clear plastic top (as the translucent material didn't show the label through it. Any similar material such as semi- transparent or clear/ cloudy plastic doesn't give the same soft look, and the light goes a bit mad.

On the region render image, you can see where it goes to clear plastic which has a hint of the blue showing through.

I could be using the wrong material, so any pointers would be ideal.

Render Settings : Advanced control, samples: 40, Ray B: 16, Global illumination on, unchecked global illumination cache, sharp shadows and sharper texture filtering.

I cant attached the BIP or full image due to confidentiality but I have got a few pictures of it to demonstrate my issue.

Thanks in advanced for any help  :)