Main Menu

Pip-Boy 3000 Mk4

Started by zapwizard, August 19, 2015, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapwizard

Modeled in Solid Edge. Part of a project which will hopefully turn this into a functional prop.

Despot

Wow, that model is huge compared to the backplate/HDR, at the moment you could grab your Skateboard and use that opening as a halfpipe  ;)

The screen is really well done though  :)

J

Angelo

really well done on the screen love it!

Josh3D

Welcome to the KeyShot forum! Love that paint texture, and the screen of course. What's the story behind this... med-alert, xp level gauntlet?

zapwizard

Quote from: Josh Mings on August 20, 2015, 09:13:23 AM
Welcome to the KeyShot forum! Love that paint texture, and the screen of course. What's the story behind this... med-alert, xp level gauntlet?

The Pip-Boy is effectively a smart watch from the 1950's. In the game Fallout it is your access to status, inventory, map, mission selection, health indicator, etc..
It has sensors to detect radiation (fallout) as well as other things.

The upcoming game Fallout 4 has a companion app which runs on android and IOS. So once built, my model won't just be a costume prop, but will be fictional as and in-game controller, as well as have some real world external functions which emulate the in-game functions. That last part is more of a stretch goal.

PhilippeV8

1950's ??

If you'd said 1980's ... ok ;)

AB47

Nice model! Would love to see it rendered in a vault like environment!

Fallout is one of my faves, give it a go if you haven't tried it! The style is 50s with the old music and art style but its in the future after a nuclear apocalypse.

Will Gibbons

This is sick! Love this. I played Fallout New Vegas (the only computer game I ever played) and was so addicted that it made it hard to stop... So, I don't play computer games for that reason. Though that new Fallout 4.... well.. we'll see. Nice work zapwizard!