Main Menu

Magnus Tests

Started by ajilopez, August 22, 2015, 08:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajilopez

Just did a few tests this weekend. Please let me know which one looks okay and which ones look less than ok. Tips please! :) (seriously, I'm a photoshop noob and i hate it.) :(

TpwUK

The first of the renders is the best of them in my opinion. Needs to be left to render for longer though as it has a lot of noise in there still. Be careful of the render image size, there are signs of tessellation so either reduce the resolution or increase the SubD/Smoothing groups. Where are the wheel nuts ?? The wheels as a whole need more attention too. Final tip, watch out for the tiling on the ground plane material.

You have a great start though, a few tweaks will reward you immensely :)

Martin

Despot

On the first one, there are nasty aliasing issues (which I'm seeing on lots of car renders lately) and the wheel spokes seem to have a non-reflective diffuse material still applied to them... yet not in the other renders.

Decent start though

J

Will Gibbons

Like the others said, good start. I love the car. I'll mention I like the top one most. But, it looks like the light's a bit blown out in some areas. I'd try knocking back the lighting a tad or adding more lights but reducing overall brightness of the scene.

PhilippeV8

Is detailed indirect illumination turned on in this one ?