Pushing Realism

Started by AB47, August 26, 2015, 03:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AB47

Hi All,

I render mainly plastic and metal product shots. I really want to get the most out of my renders. I have started to experiment with light grunge textures with a little Photoshop to soften them, just to try to get specks and lines that you get on any handled materials.

Is this a good method? Are there any sites that have realistic wear as texture maps?

Dries and The Metal Master stand out to me as having exceptional realism in their images, the mix of textures, lighting and the DOF always seem dead on, any tips guys?

Jonathan1981

awesome, thanks for jacking my thread. Ever hear of starting your own thread?

AB47

Hi Jonathan,

Little confused, can you elaborate on how I am possibly jacking your thread?

Thanks,

Despot

Hey AB47

I am going to send you a hints and tips list/tutorial by PM - thanks for the compliment, much appreciated...

As for this post here :

Quoteawesome, thanks for jacking my thread. Ever hear of starting your own thread?

I think the guy is either :

a) living in a parallel universe

or

b) had just had a delivery of very potent weed ;)

J

Jonathan1981

hahah AB47, I'm so sorry, please disregard that comment. I clicked on the little next button at the bottom of the page on one of my threads thinking it would bring me to page 2, but instead it brought me to your thread, so I thought you had posted in my thread, lol...totally my fault. Again, sorry about that. It's kinda funny though.

AB47

Ahh no worries! All is good with the world!

Any tips on the topic?

And thanks Metal Master! looking forward to it! :)

Despot

Hello AB

Sent you a PM :)

Cheers

J

kjshah

Would appreciate if you can send me a PM with that as well. I'm interested in having my items be realistic as possible. Love your work!

NM-92

Is it too late to ask for that PM too ?