Some request about the lights

Started by Arian Shamil, September 12, 2015, 06:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arian Shamil

Hi!
I was wondering if there is any chance to have the spotlight (fully editable) like 3dsmax (vary)...
I mean...i'd love to have some more light option for the interior and studio rendering....I love the tons of option that has Vray/3dsmax for their softbox, spotlight ecc ecc...it will be possible to have something like that on next releases of Keyshot?
I know we already have the ies spot light 15, 45 and 85 degrees....but i'd love to have something that i can modify everytime....the angle, the falloff ecc ecc..
Thanks
Arian

TpwUK

I have not really experimented with KS lighting options too much, but you should be able to scale your pseudo light object, you can also apply a map to it too, so the gradient textures might well do what you want, again scaling and moving the lights position will add strength the closer the light is to the object that needs additional lighting. Also, because you can add a map to a light, you can also add another HDR or EXR map to the light (Thanks go to Abed for that hint trick) ... :)

Martin

Arian Shamil

richardfunnell

IES Profiles should give you that level of control, have you tried downloading any from other sources?
Here is a link to a site that has 30 additional IES profiles that you can apply in KeyShot:
http://www.derekjenson.com/3d-blog/ies-light-profiles

Additionally, there are free tools online for creating your own IES profiles. You'll get further with IES lights than adding a texture to an emissive material.

Arian Shamil

Thanks a ton to you too for this advice and link too :)
8)