Main Menu

Shut Down after Queue

Started by AB47, September 15, 2015, 01:25:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AB47

Hi,

A few things I would really like to see are some basic control commands, Pause and resume (this is mentioned in a previous thread, I want to +1 this) are a must, if a render is still running on my computer after a few hours and I need to jump on and work on something else, I have two choices, cancel the render and lose hours or just not do the work. Or if I am doing a mammoth render/animation I can pause it in the morning, work on my comp all day then resume before I leave. It would also be nice to change the amount of cores available mid render like you can with the live preview.

Secondly, if I have a load of images to do, I use the queue, but when I leave for the day there may a few images that need to finish rendering, so I leave it, but then the computer is running all night (cant allow it sleep just in case it sleeps while still rendering). If there was a tick box in the queue window to turn off computer after queue has finished would solve this issue. At work we are all about pushing eco friendly so this feature would be a big help.

AB.

Winch Doctor

I didn't mention this in the other post, but there's a workaround for the hours of work that you would lose if you cancel your render (I know this is not ideal, but bear with me):

You can 'trick' Keyshot into encoding previous renders into one bigger video by
1. stopping your render
2. Going to see the last frame it finished
3. Starting your new render from the frame it left off and telling it to put all of NEW frames into the OLD folder.
4. When it's done, it will encode the entire video from whatever's in the frames folder. Hey, for that matter you could probably slip some frames of silly stuff in there as long as you format the file names the same way Keyshot does before it encodes. Haven't tried it yet though :)