clear PETE material

Started by tajinder singh, September 15, 2015, 10:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tajinder singh

Hello everyone,

I am working in plastic food packaging industry where we make PETE containers for food packaging.
Can anyone suggest me which material should I use to get real effect.
Somehow I am managing with cleat plastic or clear glass, but that gives reflection of feature on part itself.
it does not looks good in assembly rendering, if it is a single part, then its seems ok but not good.

Thanks in advance

TpwUK

If you want to create your own, you would start with a Dielectric material type. If you have KeyShot 5 you can use the material cloud DriesV did some transparent plastic materials that would either be suitable or offer a good base to work from.

Martin

tajinder singh

guest83783

There are lots of materials online that you can use from Keyshot cloud which are translucent.

tajinder singh

Only problem is if you have assembly  like Lid and base assembly.  Then  all  internal
features do not come  very clear. If you have one piece container  then it gives  good result    either with liquid water or clear basic glass  with 2 sided option.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: tajinder singh on December 16, 2015, 10:50:09 AM
Only problem is if you have assembly  like Lid and base assembly.  Then  all  internal
features do not come  very clear. If you have one piece container  then it gives  good result    either with liquid water or clear basic glass  with 2 sided option.

What if you place a sphere inside the container, then apply an area light to it, adjust the brightness, and deselect 'Visible to Camera'? Does that work?

Another alternative is placing a plane below the plastic container and applying a light material just like suggested above. This should 'underlight' the material and illuminate the inside of the container some.

Good Luck

jhiker

Is this anything like what you want to achieve?

mertmg

I always render clear plastic parts.  I end up with using Glass two sided and i use something between 1.4- 3 if you're after thin material go for smaller number.
But light is really Important. See image. Drawer part is PetG top part is GPPS.  To be honest I'm not perfectly happy about them but I've tried many options and this one was the best one for my scenes. Simply for thinner parts go for lower values and be sure that might reflects good and use at least 20 samples with 20 ray bounces. Of course global illumination necessary but sometimes you don't need it you've to test and see the result. I've much better renders but icant share them as the products haven't been launched yet. Maybe in future...