Main Menu

Part highlight colour

Started by bowen192, October 14, 2015, 07:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowen192

If objects are orange the part highlight colour is difficult to see.

An option to change the colour, or for a contrary chameleon option would be nice.

Esben Oxholm

Hi Bowen.

Is it something like this you are asking for?

bowen192

No.  I've explained this badly.

If in that shot you select the Scene tab and then select the ball, you can't see it is selected because the highlighter is orange.

Say there was a box with multiple balls of different colours, highlighting the orange ones becomes difficult.

I think maybe it would be helpful if you could choose your colour of highlight or have it reactive.

TpwUK

Do you mean right click on the object and click "Select parts with material" ?

Martin

bowen192

If you Select parts with material, all the parts with that material are selected and highlighted in orange so we can see where they are, right?

If the parts themselves are orange, and a group of a lot of other parts, it is difficult to see where they are.

Therefore choosing to have the highlight as a different colour would be useful.

Does that make sense?

jhiker

bowen192

Yes!

In your example (which has distinct parts) it's not 100% clear how many parts are selected.

Now imagine a box full of those lamps, all slightly different shades of that orange, and you can see how it makes selection almost impossible.

This is especially true if the highlighted parts are small.

TpwUK

Ah ha ... now it makes sense!! +1 from me for adjustable highlight colour

Martin

edwardo

Yea, +1 on this. Its not something I want to really set/tweek - I prefer your idea of an automatic 'contrary chameleon' colour.