Main Menu

future Interior

Started by syrom, October 19, 2015, 10:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

syrom

My attempt at a interior.  Not bad.  I'll see what v6 does.

INNEO_MWo

awesome work!

good to see, that we still read paper books in future.

syrom

Hehe. Yup. Didn't really put too much items inside since it's my first attempt at aarchviz using keyshot  . I was expecting crap, but pleasantly surprised.

Speedster

Crap it's not!  Really nice!  Maybe pull the ottoman a tiny bit closer to the chair?  We have those chairs, and they are amazing!

Hope one of the books is Martian Chronicles , by Ray Bradbury.  I knew him- what an amazing mind!

Bill G

syrom

Quote from: Speedster on October 19, 2015, 05:15:44 PM
Crap it's not!  Really nice!  Maybe pull the ottoman a tiny bit closer to the chair?  We have those chairs, and they are amazing!

Hope one of the books is Martian Chronicles , by Ray Bradbury.  I knew him- what an amazing mind!

Bill G

Oh yes.... I see what you mean.  I'll see if I update it. Doing some skin test renders.  Hmm.... never heard of that book.  I'll look into it.

Will Gibbons

Yeah! Nice, assuming the backplate from Elysium? Great stuff. I'm really loving the hard highlight on the polished base of the table. Just a great detail. Also, if I can ask, did you do any of the modeling? The rug looks great and I always have trouble finding good models or creating nice, convincing rugs.

Thanks,

syrom

Everything is modeled except the leather chair and plants. Although I can model them,  I prefer to save time. It's from Evermotion models. The rug is actually atexture from keyshot cloud. I wanted to make it myself but don't have exposure to making it yet. So i just used it. Actually. .. the back plate was suppose  to be Elysium, but I couldn't find a great angle shot. So it's another one i found through Google.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: syrom on October 20, 2015, 01:16:55 PM
Everything is modeled except the leather chair and plants. Although I can model them,  I prefer to save time. It's from Evermotion models. The rug is actually atexture from keyshot cloud. I wanted to make it myself but don't have exposure to making it yet. So i just used it. Actually. .. the back plate was suppose  to be Elysium, but I couldn't find a great angle shot. So it's another one i found through Google.

Thanks for the reply! I'll check out that texture in KS cloud. I'm surprised I haven't seen it before. I feel you on using stock models. Most of us do that here when we want to work on our rendering skills and not get too bogged down with spending time modeling details.

E.Sirbu

syrom

Thxs for the feedback. I'll make another interior render. I have one ready. .. just going to import it and add the textures and see how it comes out. 

Zen

good render.  the interior lighting doesn't exactly match the intensity of the outside lighting though.   I'm guessing that the window view is just a picture. 

syrom

Yeah. .. just a plane. Just wanted to see how a interior would come out with keyshot.

syrom

Well, I decided to load this scene up and render it in ks6 with interior ON. It over blows  the whole scene with 10x more light. Plants where glowing.lol.  i did see a problem that hopefully  gets resolved. I use invisible  light planes a lot, so not they are causing soft shadows. Although  i have that turned off. Bug?

Speedster

QuoteWell, I decided to load this scene up and render it in ks6 with interior ON. It over blows  the whole scene with 10x more light.
When rendering with Interior Mode in KeyShot 6, be sure to render at Maximum Time (my preference) or Maximum Samples, NOT Advanced Controls.  You will have to guess the time  depending on the scene and number of cores available.  Maybe start at 30 minutes and see if it baked enough.

Also, some legacy 5 scenes with IES lighting may blow out now in 6, and you will need to adjust them to suit.  Note that 6 now comes with highly optimized IES lights!

Bill G

fario

wow!
i like very much this athmospher.

bravo.

Antoine