Decrease render time?

Started by Georg Malm, November 28, 2010, 01:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georg Malm

Hi!
Can you please help me to decrease render time on 1920x1321, 300dpi and camera w/depth of field effect?
It took 18 hours and 40 minutes for render and it was still not finished.... :o
I use Keyshot 2.1 x64 and win7 x64.

Robert V.

Hi,

I guess you mean "decrease".

The problem with realtime render is that it doesn't use all render options.
The only option to decrease the time of the actual render, is to set some options on a lower setting.
And DoF makes the rendertime extremely long.

So, if you want a picture with DoF fast, use the realtime render.
If you want a picture without DoF, you can use the real render. (it will still take a very long time, compared to the realtime render, but it will look much better.)

Georg Malm

Quote from: PredatorKS on November 28, 2010, 01:50:28 AM
Hi,

I guess you mean "decrease".

The problem with realtime render is that it doesn't use all render options.
The only option to decrease the time of the actual render, is to set some options on a lower setting.
And DoF makes the rendertime extremely long.

So, if you want a picture with DoF fast, use the realtime render.
If you want a picture without DoF, you can use the real render. (it will still take a very long time, compared to the realtime render, but it will look much better.)

Thanx Predator, decrease of course!)
DoF is important for me. I can use realtime render but I need 300 DPI, coz it going to print.
What setting in render that takes most time?

Robert V.

Rays bounces, aa and samples

Keep rays between 8-12, for aa 2 could be enough (depends on how fine you model is).
For samples, you could experiment. When you see artifacts (white dots, etc), crank it up. Try 20-35

good luck

guest84672

What is your DOF quality set to? 3 is all you need in most cases, but it takes longer to calculate.

Georg Malm

Quote from: Thomas Teger on November 28, 2010, 07:56:03 AM
What is your DOF quality set to? 3 is all you need in most cases, but it takes longer to calculate.
My DoF quality is on 2.
I don't understand anything why even on low settings standard render in Keyshot2.1 takes so long time...
What is difference between real-time render and standard?
Real-time is so quick with DoF, the only problem is resolution  :'(
Do u guys have any tricks to change resolution in options>realtime>image settings to bigger than screen resolution?

guest84672

You can switch the render mode to realtime, and then set the time to have it res up.

omulu01

Quote from: Thomas Teger on December 03, 2010, 08:38:37 AM
You can switch the render mode to realtime, and then set the time to have it res up.

Can you explain how to "set the time"? My realtime renering seems to max out after a few minutes. How can I make it res up further?