Main Menu

Retro racer

Started by strunzo, October 31, 2015, 06:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strunzo

Hi folks, just a little render of a project I have been working on - Mars Racer, there is a group of us involved on Deviantart  with a fun racer project related to making some scifi race vehicles that compete on Mars in the distant future, no real science involved, just sci fi concepts and fun vehicles. My version is still a work in progress.

Josh3D

Love the direction. Just needs some more lighting love. http://conceptships.blogspot.com/ is a good place for inspiration.

Will Gibbons

Unique form for sure though some unsolicited advice: I'm not crazy about the 2nd image view because it's hard for me to not see a gigantic nose at the forefront of the ship!

Like Josh, I'd suggest going for some more contrast in your lighting setup!

edwardo

Quote from: willgibbonsdesign on November 10, 2015, 07:22:26 AM
Unique form for sure though some unsolicited advice: I'm not crazy about the 2nd image view because it's hard for me to not see a gigantic nose at the forefront of the ship!

Like Josh, I'd suggest going for some more contrast in your lighting setup!

Ha, I saw H R Geiger's alien in that 'nose', or maybe its more like the 'chest burster' rather than mummy alien.

You got the start of a nice concept ship there.

E

strunzo

Thanks for the feedback guys tis appreciated, she does look a bit organic but that is my intention, looking like alien chest buster is cool, I like that :) as to the lighting I am still confused about how to get good lighting and material effects, other members here seem to produce wonderful images but I guess that comes from learning over time. I need to watch some more tutorials when time permits, any process or tuts you could recommend would be great, in the meantime I will continue messing around with the settings and see what happens, cheers guys.

Speedster

Actually, there's a strong resemblance of that "nose" to a Killer Whale.  A good thing, IMO, and most appropriate!

The bottom line is that, unlike almost any other app, KeyShot is just plain fun to play with!  The more you play, the more you learn, and there's really no "right" or "wrong" in KeyShot.  It's like a great big sand box!

So enjoy!!

Bill G