Subaru Impreza WRX STI

Started by Alang7™, November 02, 2015, 08:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alang7™

Speedster

Sweet!  Maybe the rims could use a little attention?  I love the composition and placement!  And I really hate contrails, a fact of modern society- but that's not your fault!

What's really scary is that this is the toy my wife wants!  Have you driven one of these bad boys (girls?)- borderline terrifying!

Bill G

Alang7™

Hey Bill, thank you!

For the wheels, i don't know. I tried the normal paint material, and looks bad. On the rendering i used the metallic paint, looks a little bit better, but also for me the rims are too strange.

And, no i never drived it. Maybe in the future, maybe...  :D

TpwUK

QuoteFor the wheels, i don't know. I tried the normal paint material, and looks bad. On the rendering i used the metallic paint, looks a little bit better, but also for me the rims are too strange.

Alang7, don't forget you are rendering a parking lot at dusk, most car parking spaces have extra lighting to help deter thieves, so feel free to throw some extra light into the side of that Scooby

Martin

Alang7™

theAVator

Quote from: TpwUK on November 03, 2015, 10:45:00 AM
Alang7, don't forget you are rendering a parking lot at dusk, most car parking spaces have extra lighting to help deter thieves, so feel free to throw some extra light into the side of that Scooby

The lighting part is what sticks out to me. The backplate appears to be an airport runway/taxiway, so your lighting would typically be in-ground marker lights for the planes - not overhead parking lot lamps. Since I don't see any marker lights, I wouldn't really expect to see any additional lighting on the vehicle, unless there was another vehicle or something shining on it. The sun is also setting behind the terminal in the background, so i would expect to see more muted/shadowed elements on this side of the car. There's a bright spot on the front drivers side quarter panel by the headlight that seems to bright for this angle - I wouldn't expect to see that much light there. The lighting, I think is great, just not for this backplate.

The car itself is great! I think the paint color is spot on for what I would expect a Subaru to be and have seen. Great job!

Alang7™

syrom

Don't like it. .. too bland. Redo the lighting . Its got to pop out and grab your mind. I seev this as boring. Just constructive  criticism .

Juan_Martin

Hey! I think it's pretty cool, actually; lovely ride, fits nice into the plate and lighting. I would have put it closer to the camera though, the building seems to be stealing some attention from me.

Alang7™

ErtanK

I found your first render not too convincing due to the lighting setup mainly. But this new render is a huge improvement. Looks very real.

Alang7™

Juan_Martin

That new render is almost real! I can hear the engine purring  ::)

Alang7™

Josh3D

These are looking fine! Love the yellow version for sure.