Adjust Backplate Image? // Feature request

Started by Will Gibbons, November 07, 2015, 03:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gibbons

I feel silly for asking what seems like a noob question, but if I'm not mistaken, we can't really adjust our backplate image... As I'm doing more interior renderings, I'm finding the need to do so.

For example:
I have a room with windows and want to add a backplate for an outside environment. I'm using an HDRI I generated but I want to use a backplate I took a photo of. When I import my backplate image, the sun is not in the correct position. I can't find out how to match the sun on my backplate to the sun in my HDRI.

It would be nice to allow us to treat the backplate image as a plane that we could manipulate in xyz coordinates to scale and position. I can't apply my image as a decal because importing a plane as a backplate image casts a shadow blocking my HDRI sun.

I haven't tried adding the image as a pin to the HDRI yet, but I would like these aforementioned feature in future builds. Would be nice.

Will Gibbons

To make it more particular... I've got glass windows that I'd like to texture as well as a glass vase on the windowsill. If I'm not mistaken, I can't achieve this if I need to add my image in post as the textured glass is transparent.