Update sketchup model ???

Started by a.simonas, November 17, 2015, 12:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a.simonas

Hi everyone, can not find any topic about Sketchup export plugin for Keyshot regarding model update after export. I mean exporting my model into Keyshot is there any way to update keyshot if I make any changes in Sketchup? So far I see export option only. This means that each time I make small changes I have to export sketchup model into new Keyshot scene, create cameras, materials, lights etc... ?

TpwUK

Edit and save with Sketchup, then re-import the model into KS using the update geometry option at a guess - I didn't do much work with SU so no promises that will work

Martin

richardfunnell

What version of SketchUp are you running? If you simply hit the KeyShot button in SU again, it should update your file in your KeyShot session.

a.simonas

It does update, but sometimes it messes up geometry, flips it upside down or adds another model on top. Or I'm doing something wrong.
I use Sketchup 2015 pro and keyshot 5

richardfunnell

Is this anything you can recreate, or do you have a model that can be shared?

a.simonas

Usually its random, but I will try to recreate something and share it here.

a.simonas

When I add some objects into sketchup scene and hit render it updates with scene in keyshot correctly, but if I try to delete some objects in sketchup it keeps them in keyshot scene.

richardfunnell

You're absolutely right, I was able to replicate this as well. I'll forward it on to our dev team. Thank you!