Terrace Covering - Azore

Started by PhilippeV8, November 19, 2015, 12:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

Here's one of my recent work ...

Despot

Hello Philippe,

Well I think you deserve a fondle without a slap for this :)

I like it- it's one of the best garden scenes I've seen in KS

J

Esben Oxholm

Nice, that is good!

The atmosphere you've created, makes me want to trow myself onto one of those couches.

Despot

Quotemakes me want to trow myself onto one of those couches.

Too late Esben I'm already sitting on one with a cool Cerveza, with my feet up on the other one... ;)

J

PhilippeV8

Background:

Normaly we (I) render our terrace coverings against a contemporary house.  This version of a terrace covering is a more low-end product.  Only available in 2 colors .. unmotorised .. some parts are plastic etc etc ..
Hence came the question to render this one against a "normal house" ........... a "less expensive looking house" ..............
Hmmm, so I thought, I can't do that, can I ?!  There are many types of normal houses and rendering an inexpensive looking house is not well tought trough marketing if you ask me ...
Hence I came up with the idea to render it in a "small garden" ... sorta like a pavilion .. oasis of quiet ... No matter what house is behind you in that render, no matter how big the garden is behind you in that render ... 99% of western household CAN create a little cosy corner in their garden.  I figured this would appeal to almost anyone.  They all can picture this in their garden, provided they have one, even if it's not much bigger than what you see in the render.  Adding vignetting to it creates an even more enclosed coccoon like atmosphere ... very intentional ;)

TpwUK

Very nice Philipe, especially like the crank handle for the slats :)

Martin

PhilippeV8

Yeah it's there  :D  Didn't try to hide it cuz I think it is a must show for this product ... but yet tried to keep it subtle.

Will Gibbons

This is fantastic! This is what you do for work? How/what were the trees and stuff added in and what 3D package was everything assembled with?

Great move on the marketing angle too. You're doing a solid for your company with consideration like that.

PhilippeV8

Here's a quick clay render.  So you can see what is backplate image and what is actual 3D.

Setup has been done in SketchUp.  Azore model is straight from R&D in Inventor.

syrom

Quote from: Despot on November 19, 2015, 12:24:38 AM
Hello Philippe,

Well I think you deserve a fondle without a slap for this :)

I like it- it's one of the best garden scenes I've seen in KS

J
Fondled without a slap?    Lololol.

This scene came or nice but gets me sad ks don't do displacement.  A nice lush lawn would have hit this nice.

PhilippeV8

I don't know what "a fondle without a slap" means ... and I think I wanna keep it that way  :P  ;) (no?)

Yeah the lawn was a pain finding something of a texture that looked somewhat to scale and convincing.

syrom

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on November 19, 2015, 11:44:42 AM
I don't know what "a fondle without a slap" means ... and I think I wanna keep it that way  :P  ;) (no?)

Yeah the lawn was a pain finding something of a texture that looked somewhat to scale and convincing.

Im pretty noob to ks myself, mentioned displacement maps around here a few times and the response is to model it outside ks and bring it in.  It's a little more work but that's the only solution.  Who knows. .. maybe the future will bring it.  :)

PhilippeV8

Yeah thing is I don't really have a modeler suited to do grass & such ;)

I should ask sometime at work if they don't want to purchase me a pack with shrubs, trees and plants to dress things up a bit.

TpwUK

QuoteI should ask sometime at work if they don't want to purchase me a pack with shrubs, trees and plants to dress things up a bit.

For me there is only one choice for plants, shrubs and trees and that's http://www.xfrog.com they even do software so you can model your own vegetation too. They aint cheap but they are very good :)

QuoteYeah thing is I don't really have a modeler suited to do grass & such
Download Blender it's free and there are lots of great tutorials for producing grass complete with lawn daisies and the like. Create a 1 meter square patch and then use KeyShots pattern tool to fill your scene, or design your garden spaces in Blender and then export as OBJ.  All you need do then is import your models into the KS scene and you're good to go!

QuoteI don't know what "a fondle without a slap" means ... and I think I wanna keep it that way  :P  ;) (no?)

Just J's way of saying it's a job well done, so he stroked your ego without any criticisms, keeping it that way will be tough :)

Martin

garfienaz

Stunning!

Could I just ask how did you give this sunny looking?

Ive been using KeyShot for a while and Ive never been successful sunny environment and nice and smooth shadow with sun.

Thanks in advance!