Main Menu

Isolate part

Started by blefebvre, December 02, 2010, 05:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blefebvre

Hi,
I'm working most of the time with big assemblies, and it would be very helpfull to add a Isolate Part command on the right click menu over geometry.  This would hide every other parts, leaving only the selected one.
This could be also implemented as an "Isolate mode" such as we found in SolidWorks or better to my humble opinion such as the Show/No Show in Catia or Rhino in which we can toggle between two worlds.

Thanks!

Speedster

+1!  This would be a great help!
Bill G

andy.engelkemier

+1
that should be super easy right?

guest84672

Everything always is ;-) - it's on the list.

Thomas

KeyShot

It just got added to KeyShot 2.2.

-- Henrik

andy.engelkemier

How about isolate Parts. Select multiple parts in the scene explorer (the new version also shows which ones are selected) and you can isolate those.

I'd like something that doesn't actually isolate them, but freezes all other part's rendering. it's a difficult idea to explain, but I'll try. Basicaly, you might have a rendering pretty much good, but you're having problems with one part in particular. You might want to make adjustments to it, but don't want to wait for the rest of the scene to sample at the same time. Can you freeze the samples of the rest of the image and only adjust your current part?

JeffM

In this case, would you still expect to be able to move the camera?

andy.engelkemier

no, not while frozen. It'd have to reset as soon as you move it.

speaking of "locking" cameras. Any plans to be able to lock only 1 camera and not All cameras?

I'd have it so that as soon as you move the camera (if it allows you if you select a locked camera, which would be my preference Not to allow movement) then it changes to simply "active camera"

JeffM

If you save a camera, then go to that camera in the camera list, then move the camera, it does change to "active" and does not affect your saved camera.

I suppose if you save the camera with the "locked" check box checked, then it would be good to save that with the camera.