My first ring render...

Started by Finema, November 21, 2015, 05:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finema

Hi,
It's my first jewel ring render in KS5
What are the mistakes or light errors, etc... ?
Just a raw render KS, no post in photoshop
Thanks for yours comments.

PS :I do not know any more where i found this model.  I believe it's a GrabCad...

Finema

An other view with white gold and white gem...

TpwUK

The slight bump on the gold one is really nice, the white gem on the other is really good too, combine the two and you have a winner.

Martin

Finema

Thanks Martin,
i was afraid with the slight bump on the first picture but your comment reassure me on the realistic goal
thanks

Finema

I tried to combine both
thanks for your help

Finema

a last with little more texture in gold

PhilippeV8

To me, the things you can see reflected in the ring (in those renders that have reflective gold) is destracting.  If you analyse that, it looks as if your ring is floating 1m above the conference-room table...  Maybe I just shouldn't analyse ;)

Finema

What do you suggest PhilippeV8 ?

PhilippeV8

Either to increase height of the environement HDRI .. or use a different one ..

In any case, aligning the ground plane with the "ground plane of the HDRI" is a step you have to take quite often.  ;)

Finema

Will Gibbons

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on November 23, 2015, 04:32:49 AM
To me, the things you can see reflected in the ring (in those renders that have reflective gold) is destracting.  If you analyse that, it looks as if your ring is floating 1m above the conference-room table...  Maybe I just shouldn't analyse ;)

I agree here, but perhaps an option is to edit the HDRI and simply blur it until the furniture is no-longer discernible.

PhilippeV8

True .. which did cross my mind ... but then, will it look like glossy gold .. or rough gold, no matter what material you aply to the ring ............

Finema

i've tried in sol73.jpg picture above but the texture in gold became smooth
thanks

Will Gibbons

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on November 23, 2015, 07:26:22 AM
True .. which did cross my mind ... but then, will it look like glossy gold .. or rough gold, no matter what material you aply to the ring ............

I see that now. Sorry for the lame suggestion. Hmm...

Finema

here the same render with a studio HDR..
i lost texture in gold and the gem is less realist....
But, what is the best render for customers ? i dunno... it's the goal of my post here.
Thanks again..