Problems since update to 3.3.33

Started by Chrispy84, November 25, 2015, 01:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrispy84

I've recently updated to 3.3.33 Pro Floating, not sure how to check what the previous version was, most probably 3.1 or 3.2.
I cant send file or screenshot due to confidentiality.
When opening KS it is noticeably slower than before. takes >30s to open whereas it was <5s previously for same files.
When I open a .bip file created on the previous version (not had the need to create a new scene/model render as yet), the scene appears as it should be (even if a little squashed horizontally, this would happen before but movement of the camera would remedy it).

KS wont respond to mouse wheel movements, and Distance (Dolly) is Zero in camera settings, even though it appears to be approximately 5 as I can see the model in the scene.

Any other input from mouse LMB/RMB drag, does register as can be seen from changes in camera settings, however scene goes blank (white, colour of background). Returning camera settings to norm, no model can be seen. If select model in 'scene' tab and select 'look at' orange outline is shown, but still no model in view.

The above issue happens with most .bip files from prev version, however the few that behave correctly to camera movements etc. if I render at the same settings as before. my transparent plastics, where previously they were clear and could easily see the colour of the part inside, are now dark/shadowy. If I increase the samples and ray bounces to max, and re-render (region render specific area) there is no improvement. I haven't noticed any change in render times.

Running on Windows 7 professional 64 bit. Intel Core i5-3550, 3.30 GHz.