Keyshot 6 - Editing my camera paths

Started by EmKS, December 03, 2015, 01:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmKS

Hello fellow Keyshot users,

I am currently working in Keyshot 6 to create a short animation of an object provided by a client. I am working within a tightly cropped frame - 780x1200. The primary goal of this animation is to show the product at a 45 degree angle, and then have it rotate to its front view.

I have accomplished this small task through using tools such as translation, dolly, orbit, etc. but I have not been completely pleased with the results....Therefore I have made attempts at working with a camera path. This seems like it would be the best option for what I am trying to do, but I am having a bit of difficulty in understanding how to get a consistent path out of my points/cameras. The drawn path is "smooth" - it is not an issue of tension, but the line-work of the path does not meet tangent with the beginning and ending points, so it creates weird swooping motions.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to go about creating a smooth, consistent camera path, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

bentiger

I am facing the same problem. For simple movements like zooming out or moving in one direction, the camera path is working for me. But it's not working for me to calculate the shortest way between two points (that's what i was expecting to get from the camera path feature).

awsedr9

Hello,
I have the same problem. I'm sorry I do not know good English. When I select the point on the model for Camera. Video will begin in the animation models shake

soren

I am not sure I follow exactly what the problem is. Can you perhaps provide a screenshot/image with the curve you have and the curve you expect?

A side note: The shortest path between two points is always a straight line, so it would not be possible to have a smooth curve and also move the shortest distance.

Søren