Script for rendering deformable meshes

Started by hstokholm, December 10, 2015, 04:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philw

Artur

Thank you for the quick reply.

The next step would be a complete tutorial on this.
Maybe the guys at Luxion would t matter to make a webinar on this.

willchocks7

When you mentioned maya file (in the original post) did you mean .mb or .fbx?

Hawks89

Hi everyone,

in need of some help. I created a Fluid Simulation in Blender. I exported the fluid running through the pipe out it as alembic file, and imported it into Keyshot along with a step file of the pipe. I ran the deformable mesh script and it renders out a bunch of .PNG files in the location of my choice. how do I get an animation out of this like the ones shown in previous messages?

riddickuliss

I've already begun asking for help in this thread
https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=13433.0
But hoped some of you may be able to offer some guidance as well.
Exporting Alembic abc files out of Blender and following the directions on this thread with the Script provided, I am only getting renderings of one frame. I get as many duplicates as frames specified, but the timeline does not advance nor due the frames in the render. I have specified multiple frames in the Alembic export, but only one frame ever imports / renders.

I have a feeling I am missing something pretty basic as I am completely new to Blender and animations, any help or guidance would be much appreciated, you've all already been very helpful.

thanks
r* 

riddickuliss

Not sure if it was the file, but after following a simple tutorial on creating a wave with a torus I was able to get this to work.

I'm still baffled as to what/why one worked and one did not. I have a lot to learn...

riddickuliss

It seems when I export Alembic ABC files from Blender, the only files that work (show deformation) with the Rendering Deformable Meshes script with the waving torus gif above are those created by adding a "Wave" as a modifier. Everything else I try results in mesh that does not deform. Not sure if this is a Blender issues or a User issue.

venkat

hi , script is working properly first time when i set up my file and import ABC seq and it gets added to Que... when i close my file and reopen same File and importing .ABC seq mesh deformation animation is not  getting  update, it hold on same frame as in the scene when it was opened ... and script show as it has imported with no error and all static image to render queue...

KeyshotUser697

Quote from: venkat on March 08, 2017, 07:32:30 PM
hi , script is working properly first time when i set up my file and import ABC seq and it gets added to Que... when i close my file and reopen same File and importing .ABC seq mesh deformation animation is not  getting  update, it hold on same frame as in the scene when it was opened ... and script show as it has imported with no error and all static image to render queue...

Yes, that's correct. I share the same issue.

Saving the imported .abc file with the environment,lighting and textures assigned.... out to a .bip file.. then re-opening that .bip file later will not allow the mesh to update with any animation when the script is initiated again.

haf1bbc

Hi, thank you very much for this scripts. It is work very good. You are the master, big respect.
But I have problem when I wan to export Subdivision Surface animation from Cinema 4d R18 to alembic. When I do this and try to import at Keyshop 6, the mesh is looks like low poly, it is not with subdivision surface. Do you have some advice please on this?

It will be very helpfull for me

mattjgerard

The plugin may not collapse the SDS transformations, you may have to bake the SDS animation before exporting.

What does the alembic look like if you import it back into C4D? If it looks correct, then its a KS import issue, if it looks incorrect then its a C4D export issue.