Main Menu

Lighting issue

Started by Alang7™, December 11, 2015, 10:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alang7™

Hello everybody. I did a scene in 3D, import into Keyshot, set-up all materials, and i added the car. Then i put some point lights on it.. but as you can see on preview, there's some strange little spot points on it. This happens also when i do the rendering, not like the real-time preview, but some spot points still make the rendering very bad.

I'm using: Keyshot 6 on  Windows 8.1.

KeyShot

Are you referring to the visualization of the lights? You can turn that off in the menu by unselecting show lights.

Alang7™

I'm talking about the strange effect that give this point lights on some materials.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Alang7™ on December 11, 2015, 02:42:11 PM
I'm talking about the strange effect that give this point lights on some materials.
Can you be more specific?
The only thing I think is wrong here is that the reflections are a bit blown out. Not sure if it is that you are referring to?

Alang7™

Look on the attachments.  :)

This happens also with an old rendering, zoom on the lights: https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5818/21017916609_43050ebd7e_o.png

Alang7™

Another example.

Seems like rough material has some issues when i use the lights.

TpwUK

Hi Alang7 - If you are referring to fire-flies/hot pixels then there are a few steps you can take ...

If you use Axalta Paints with interior lighting mode - Use more light to reduce them
If you are using bumpy metals such as brushed or scratched, use the new roughness swatch rather than bump
If you have a large amount of Diffuse based materials you can get hot pixels, so change large areas of diffuse to rough matt plastic instead
Sometimes, it just needs more time to render to dull down those hot spots
Finally, if there are not too many of them you can just get rid of them using a clone brush in your photo editor

Martin

Alang7™

Hey Martin. Thank you.

I'm not using the Interior Light method.

For the car paint, i used Axalta material. For the plastic parts, i used the "Hard Rough" material, with few edits. I tried to switch the material into an Advanced, and i tried also to put more sampless, nothing. Still some strange effects on it.

As i said, this happens only with rough materials. Because the ground, the aluminum, and the back part on the car got rough material. (The back part on the car got also bump + specular).

So .. maybe the light are too much powerfull ? Because i used a very high number to get the lights visible.

TpwUK

Hi Alang7, can you post it to me via wetransfer.com to tpwuk at hotmail dot co dot uk and i'll have a look at it for you. Send it as a KSP if you can

Martin

Alang7™

Okay mate, i will do it.

Thanks alot for the help. :)