Object disapears/cuts during zoom or rotation

Started by Maarten, December 14, 2015, 02:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me out here.
I have uploaded a very big and detailled assembly (realtime 15m x 30 m) from Solid Edge to Keyshot 5. The problem is now that when I zoom in or move the assembly, it will cut away parts of it (clipping). See this picture:

What could be the problem? Thank you.

Program: Keyshot 5 icw Solid Works ST7
Computer: 3.60 Ghz, 16Gb RAM, 12-core, Windows 7 64-bit

With kind regards, Maarten

theAVator

Sorry, I can't see the picture because of restrictions at work...

But just throwing it out there, Are you in perspective or orthographic viewing mode?
I've had it where in Orthographic if you zoom to a certain point it starts cutting, or if you rotate into that distance it does the same. Maybe try setting a different camera "look at" viewpoint or switching to perspective mode??

Maarten

Hi,

I have it in orthographic view... I tried several views, but without results...
Guess you had the same problem. If I set it to perspective, it will not zoom at all.

Speedster

From the clipping, it appears that your camera is too close to the model, a common problem with really big (in size, not file size) assemblies.  Try leaving it in perspective, and select the right-front corner as the target for the camera "look at" point.  Be sure to click Done.  Then see if you can zoom, etc.  If you can't, there is something strange going on that the KeyShot team should look at.
Bill G

Maarten

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. I'll try it asap. Cannot check it now due to holidays.

Cheers, Maarten

Torque

Quote from: Speedster on December 14, 2015, 02:11:38 PM
From the clipping, it appears that your camera is too close to the model, a common problem with really big (in size, not file size) assemblies.  Try leaving it in perspective, and select the right-front corner as the target for the camera "look at" point.  Be sure to click Done.  Then see if you can zoom, etc.  If you can't, there is something strange going on that the KeyShot team should look at.
Bill G

Setting the Camera > "Look at" Point solved my problem completely. Thank you Speedster!