Main Menu

Skagen Watch

Started by Will Gibbons, December 15, 2015, 06:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gibbons

I've been building this model during downtime this week in SolidWorks. The band I've modeled in SolidWorks is simply a placeholder. My goal is to model the band (in a detailed manner) using MODO, which should lend itself to creating a worn leather band much more easily.

Check the file names to discern the raw render from the image with post. I'm one of those who likes to overdo the "cinematic/photographic" effects, so I understand some will prefer the raw rendering. I plan to finish up the band and create a bunch of nice renderings with this one, but just wanted to share these preliminary images.

TpwUK

Nice start Will - looking forward to seeing how this progresses

Martin

Esben Oxholm

I am following this one, Will.
Great modeling. I'm looking forward to see how you do with the wrist band in Modo. Planning to do a bit of sculpting?

The small flare that you have put in the center of the hands in post, seems a bit misplaced. It sort of fights for attention with the bright area if the hour hand. What happens if you move it to the upper area of the hour hand?

Also, nice to see a danish product ;)

Will Gibbons

Quote from: TpwUK on December 16, 2015, 12:33:08 AM
Nice start Will - looking forward to seeing how this progresses

Martin

Thanks Martin, I appreciate it!

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on December 16, 2015, 01:53:17 AM
I am following this one, Will.
Great modeling. I'm looking forward to see how you do with the wrist band in Modo. Planning to do a bit of sculpting?

The small flare that you have put in the center of the hands in post, seems a bit misplaced. It sort of fights for attention with the bright area if the hour hand. What happens if you move it to the upper area of the hour hand?

Also, nice to see a danish product ;)

I follow you here on the lighting. Thanks! I can always count on you to point out the little stuff. Great discerning eye.

As for the band, yes. This particular watch I have is very well-worn and I would love to achieve that by incorporating curvature node on the MatGraph, just haven't gotten there yet. The band is great because I've sweated while wearing the watch so much that it's polished in areas and matte in others and the band has molded to my wrist. So, to be able to recreate that, I think would be really awesome. Will take patience since I only kind of know how to achieve all that.

Speaking of following... there was a book mark feature on the forum recently, but I don't see it anymore. Did it disappear?

Cheers,