Specific FOAM Material - Need Advice

Started by Artur, December 16, 2015, 09:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artur

Hi guys in the forum,

Im having some issues regarding a strange material (pics attached) I have to recreate using KS6.

I am currently trying to solve this issue using the material graph and PS, and I am still far away from a convincing result.(screenshot attached)

Any advices on how to solve this one?

Thanks in advance.

Will Gibbons

Looks pretty close... what happens when you change that plastic material type in mat graph to metal?

Artur

Hi fellow KS user,

I followed your advice and made it a bit further using a label material to see if I can use this to make the texture stand out.
I cannot get rid of the reflecting look but the overall bump seems to be heading in the right direction.

If you want I can share the texture maps for you to take a look and maybe test your solution.

Quote from: willgibbonsdesign on December 16, 2015, 09:53:44 AM
Looks pretty close... what happens when you change that plastic material type in mat graph to metal?

Will Gibbons

Sometimes metal is too reflective. My next suggestion is trying to change from metal material type to metallic paint. Many of us use metallic paint as a default material type because it seems to offer the most control (even for non-metal materials).

Give that a shot and you should be able to nail it.