Materials won't save into library - HELP!?

Started by 9thoracle, December 30, 2015, 01:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9thoracle

For some reason, Keyshot 6 (floating) will not save materials to my library. I can click save to library and it will "put them in" while I keep the same window open, but the second quit out and restart or open a new document, even after saving, the materials disappear. I also tried to save them and while keeping the window open, check my materials folder in windows and I found that its not actually saving a material into the folder.

I found a potential work around by exporting the material first and then moving that to the materials folder. Now the material show up when I reopen keyshot, but loses all textures and maps applied to it, even if they are still in the same folder. Also the materials are showing up in a cruddy grey color when I open the file. (see attached Image)

Has anyone had this problem?

MercMan2015

I am having a similar problem. The material saves however it doesn't show up in the next session. It isn't saving them into the Keyshot Materials folder when you search the file path on the windows browser either.

Hopefully there will be a fix for this as it is imperative that materials are the same across projects.

Merc

cmindler

Still see this issue has not been resolved.  Really frustrating. >:(

TpwUK

Does running KS as Administrator on Windows fix this? I had problems with OS X and folder permissions

Martin

KeyShot

There is a bug related to this affecting a few users of KeyShot 6. It has been fixed in KeyShot 6.1, which we will release shortly. You can contact beta@luxion.com to get the beta of 6.1

9thoracle

Quote from: KeyShot on January 20, 2016, 08:45:23 AM
There is a bug related to this affecting a few users of KeyShot 6. It has been fixed in KeyShot 6.1, which we will release shortly. You can contact beta@luxion.com to get the beta of 6.1

Thanks Keyshot Team, you my main squeeze.