Scripting - Send to Network Renderer

Started by ahoerl, December 31, 2015, 03:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahoerl

Happy New Year to the KeyShot Team!

We did not purchase the Network Rendering platform yet - because I have to clarify if it is possible to use python to add a Render-Job to the network queue.

I am able to save Renderjobs to the local queue, but i did not find a function in the documentation to add a job to the network queue.

It is not a problem at all if I would be able to call a command line program with the locally saved BIP file (as parameter) from the local queue. But I would need a way to automatically distribute renderings to a bunch of computers (how are custom materials handled?).

Happy New Year!

Andreas Hörl
Prolicht GmbH - Architectural lighting

Morten Kristensen

Hello Andreas and a Happy New Year to you as well.

Right now you can't add to KeyShot Network Rendering but it is a planned future feature. What you can do is adding to the local queue, as you did, and then adding to Network Rendering from there. It requires you have a configured Network Queue locally, too.

Everything is bundled into a KSP when sending to NR so that it works on the processing machines as well.

APankow

I, too, could really use the ability to push renders to the network queue (and bypass adding renders the local queue) via Python. My projects include hundreds of angles and, while I can programmatically queue them up locally, I'm forced to manually click hundreds to the network. Please, let us know the moment an implementation has been made for this.

guest84672

This has been added to KeyShot 6.2 quite some time ago.

APankow

Well, I feel sheepish... was reading the wrong version's manual. Thank you.