Main Menu

Chrome Sparks

Started by LM6, January 03, 2016, 02:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM6

Playing about with Cinema 4D, XParticles & Keyshot 6

mp4 video file attached.

TpwUK

Interesting ... Are you using sequential OBJ for these particle effects ?

Martin

Esben Oxholm

Looking nice.
Love the color scheme.
I think that a small wiggle to the chrome sphere would look nice :)

feher

VERY COOL !!!!
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

Artur

Hi Guys,

Looking to make something like this in C4D and some particles.
But I haven't figured out the correct export method for this to work.

A tut will be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

LM6

Quote from: TpwUK on January 03, 2016, 05:59:18 AM
Interesting ... Are you using sequential OBJ for these particle effects ?

Martin

Hi Martin, I was using this method but now prefer Alembic cache files as they are much easier to work with, more options..etc
Having said that it would be good if someone could go over material template creation and how to apply these templates correctly to incoming obj seqs as i was having a few problems and sometimes the template was not being applied.

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on January 03, 2016, 06:44:40 AM
Looking nice.
Love the color scheme.
I think that a small wiggle to the chrome sphere would look nice :)

Thank you Esben, I think your right, a bit of movement on the sphere probably would have made it look better.

Quote from: feher on January 03, 2016, 04:04:18 PM
VERY COOL !!!!
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

Thank you Tim

Quote from: Artur on January 04, 2016, 12:23:48 AM
Hi Guys,

Looking to make something like this in C4D and some particles.
But I haven't figured out the correct export method for this to work.

A tut will be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Artur, i believe this is going to be covered in one of the up and coming webinars, could be this Thursday 7th Jan
In the mean time, If you want to ask any specific questions I am happy to answer.

TpwUK

Thanks for the reply LM6 - How did you get the emitter through Alembic, I tried that during beta testing and failed miserably. Solid bodies and soft bodies worked too, but anything with particles was a no no .... Grrr!!

Martin

LM6

Quote from: TpwUK on January 04, 2016, 07:12:53 AM
Thanks for the reply LM6 - How did you get the emitter through Alembic, I tried that during beta testing and failed miserably. Solid bodies and soft bodies worked too, but anything with particles was a no no .... Grrr!!

Martin

Did you skin the particles in some way as Keyshot wont read them if you didn't, they have to be meshed, although Keyshot will read splines. I posted a pretty crappy example of this on the animation forum last week.  Also, what app were you using to create your piece, was it C4D?

Would be great if Keyshot could support particles in a future update, then things like fire and smoke could be rendered.

Peter

Artur

Thanks for the reminder LM6 on the up and coming webinar.

Looking forward to apply this to some new particle animations.

TpwUK

Quote from: LM6 on January 04, 2016, 08:23:19 AM
Quote from: TpwUK on January 04, 2016, 07:12:53 AM

Martin

Did you skin the particles in some way as Keyshot wont read them if you didn't, they have to be meshed, although Keyshot will read splines. I posted a pretty crappy example of this on the animation forum last week.  Also, what app were you using to create your piece, was it C4D?

Would be great if Keyshot could support particles in a future update, then things like fire and smoke could be rendered.

Peter

Thanks Peter, I tried FBX through Cheetah on OS X, and tried C4D R16 trial but couldn't get it working, guess it proves the problem was between the seat and the keyboard !!

Martin